Droid 2 R2D2 Boot screen already leaked for other devices.
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: Droid 2 R2D2 Boot screen already leaked for other devices. Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:33 am
    —

[Watch On YouTube]

Download:  bootanimation.zip

*For both rooted and non-rooted users.  Separate instructions though.

*Should work on almost any phone, Droid 1 and Droid X for sure.

Instructions (rooted users):

1.  Download the bootanimation.zip file from above to your SD card.
2.  Open Root Explorer and copy the file to /data/local.
3.  Reboot your phone and enjoy your new boot animation.

Instructions (non-rooted users):

*You will need the Android SDK installed to do this.  Instructions here.

1.  Download the bootanimation.zip file from above to your PC.
2.  Move the file into your android-skd/tools folder.
3.  Make sure nothing is selected and hold SHIFT+right click inside your tools folder.
4.  Choose “open command window here.”
5.  Type in the following commands:

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
   adb reboot

6.  Your phone will reboot with your new boot animation.

And if you are feeling super saucy this morning, here is an audio file which reportedly works during boot, yet I can’t for the life of me get to work.  Actually, almost no one can get it to work.  Let us know if you do!

Animation is working just fine, however like the original poster I can't get the audio to work on my Droid 2.  I'm thinking root is needed.

Edit: the Star Wars live wallpapers have also been leaked.  http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/08/download-leaked-r2-d2-live-wallpapers/

#2: Re: Droid 2 R2D2 Boot screen already leaked for other device Author: Llama-ManLocation: Tennessee PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:20 pm
    —
Awesome.  Got my droid X last week, absolutely love it.  Makes my old BB look like a Commodore 64.  I'll have to check this out. Smile

#3: Re: Droid 2 R2D2 Boot screen already leaked for other device Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:26 pm
    —
Yeah I switched from a blackberry storm 1 to a droid 2 a couple days after it was launched. Very happy with the android platform and the phone itself. Just waiting on a proper root/unroot method now.

#4: Re: Droid 2 R2D2 Boot screen already leaked for other device Author: tetLocation: Washington PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:32 pm
    —
http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/09/09/14-motorola-droid-2-r2-d2-static-wallpapers-leak-out/

I think I am going to start posting Android stuff in the General technology section.  Unless I can fenagle a "Smartphone" section out of Mr. T.

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1