Raid SSD
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: Raid SSD Author: UFANS PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:14 pm
    —
I think my first generation raptors (35gb) drives are going out.  I was going to upgrade them anyways with ssd drives.  Should I go with Raid 0 setup or single drive setup.  Im worried about the trim and a Raid setup.

#2: Re: Raid SSD Author: CapZacLocation: Detroit, MI PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:23 pm
    —
Hey Ufans, bought my first ssd 3 months ago; very fast in loading applications and windows; scores 7.8 out of 7.9 WEI.  Raid would be over kill.  Besides with an ssd, you want to set BIOS up in AHCI for better performance.  I would get a single ssd with as large as capacity as you can afford since i've noticed some slow down when my 'used' space on drive is greater than 70%.  Don't worry about TRIM, it's automatic in win7, no action required once you install OS.

#3: Re: Raid SSD Author: UFANS PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:54 pm
    —
Sounds good thanks, as of right now my sys drive is 70gb (raptor 35gbx2) the only thing I have on that raid is the user files and the OS.  I run all the programs from a separate 7200rpm drives.  So 128 would give me some room to grow.

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1