Crossfire with HD 4850's
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> System Help

#1: Crossfire with HD 4850's Author: Immolation PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:27 am
    —
Hey guys,

Currently, I'm running a 512mb Saphire HD 4850. Now I've been looking at tom's hardware guide, and on Bad Company 2, running two 4850's in crossfire, gave an increase of about 30 fps compared to running just one.

However, Saphire no longer makes the 4850. The only 4850 on newegg is an XFX 1GB.

Would it be possible to buy the XFX 1GB card, and run it crossfire with my current 4850 without any issues? Or do I need two of the exact same card?

#2: Re: Crossfire with HD 4850's Author: just-dieLocation: wisconsin PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:41 am
    —
thats the best part about ati u can crossfire any ati cards .they don`t have to be the same

#3: Re: Crossfire with HD 4850's Author: BoneheadLocation: San Diego, Ca PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:58 am
    —

hellin wrote (View Post):

thats the best part about ati u can crossfire any ati cards .they don`t have to be the same

It is my understanding that you can Crossfire any two cards that are in the same series, but it will default to the slowest card core/memory speeds. In your case they are both 4850s so the only issue is one has more memory.

Bad Karma -> System Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1