Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think?
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 12Next  :| |:
Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:03 pm
    —
I love firefox and I was excited to see 4.0 out. I do notice our website loads quicker in 4 then 3.6. What I want to know is what dose everyone here think of it?

GOA.Luke*BK*

#2: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: baumentLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:38 pm
    —
I like it. I concur politeandfriendly.com does appear to load faster. So far so good

#3: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: target PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:47 pm
    —
It seems to run ok, have to get  used to the new look, and where they stuck the book marks, have to figure out how to change my home page now..

#4: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: LADYHAWK PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:10 am
    —
looking fine!

#5: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: Kortuse PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:46 am
    —
loving it so far.
Target they actually have a really neat video and then a slide show showing where all the stuff is and lots of the new options

#6: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: Scooby PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:54 pm
    —
i hate to be the fly, but i do not like it.
sometimes pages dont load correctly. i tried to go back to 3.6 but then my add-ons didnt work.
i might start using internet exploiter.

#7: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: KulamonsterLocation: PA PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:34 pm
    —
I like it and it has been behaving fine so far.   Did notice fonts are not as crisp as 3.6.

#8: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: BabaYagaLocation: West Michigan PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:14 pm
    —
Reminds me of Chrome in some ways. I'm ok with it.

#9: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: Silent_WolfLocation: Loveland, Colorado PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:34 pm
    —

Scooby wrote (View Post):

i hate to be the fly, but i do not like it.
sometimes pages dont load correctly. i tried to go back to 3.6 but then my add-ons didnt work.
i might start using internet exploiter.

Im a big fan of Google Chrome.  Firefox has to many security issues that make me no so happy, but I would use firefox way before I started using Internet Explorer.

#10: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: Immolation PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:28 pm
    —
I don't see anything different, but yeah it's good I guess...

#11: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: BabaYagaLocation: West Michigan PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:40 pm
    —
Couldn't have said it bettter myself.

Last edited by BabaYaga on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: WolfFangLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:54 pm
    —
I have had it crash on me a few times while it was in beta and at least once since release. But for the most part it is pretty good.

#13: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: BoomGuyLocation: Los Angeles, CA PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:32 pm
    —
Google Chrome is still faster and easier to navigate.

#14: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: SaundersLocation: Suwanee, GA PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:06 am
    —
I started having this issue about a week ago. When I go to the Forums, I get a blank frame window with this error:

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

If I run IE 9, I don't have this error.

Any ideas?

#15: Re: Firefox 4.0 is out what do you think? Author: mr-t PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:08 pm
    —
its to do with your cookies and cache, just clear you cookies for polite and friendly  or bkops2 and then reload the page with ctrl + F5

this can also be caused due to do with a recent name changes

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 12Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2