Motherboards Talk: I prefer Gigabyte over Asus
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General Technology

#1: Motherboards Talk: I prefer Gigabyte over Asus Author: wesleyLocation: Iowa PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:28 pm
    —
I used to be a fan of Asus motherboards, but I started buying Gigabytes. I had the worst time getting ram to work on different Asus boards. I think Gigabyte should now be the king. What do you think?

#2: Re: Motherboards Talk: I prefer Gigabyte over Asus Author: KulamonsterLocation: PA PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:30 pm
    —
Still ASUS 100%!!  Never have had an issue to this day with any of their boards.

#3: Re: Motherboards Talk: I prefer Gigabyte over Asus Author: UFANS PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:00 am
    —
Asus gets my vote, I have had a Gigabyte board and they are great boards but Asus will always be number one IMO.

#4: Re: Motherboards Talk: I prefer Gigabyte over Asus Author: KarowLocation: Taos Missouri PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:04 am
    —
I have great success with both maybe co-king of boards

#5: Re: Motherboards Talk: I prefer Gigabyte over Asus Author: DrewPLocation: Caldwell, Ohio PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:01 am
    —
Asus first, Gigabite next, then I go with biostar and then ASRock.  I build lots of systems and have only had issues with ECS and foxconn.  I currently have two Asus systems.

#6: Re: Motherboards Talk: I prefer Gigabyte over Asus Author: Sabotage-NORLocation: Norway PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
    —
ASUS!!!

I never had a prob. with them......thats why i stick to it.
But im sure other brands are good.

And im also sure that there is some diff. quality on the m.boards within the same brand too.

Sgt.Sabotage*BK*

#7: Re: Motherboards Talk: I prefer Gigabyte over Asus Author: jablon51Location: Aurora Illinois PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:40 pm
    —
Though I've had less experience than most of you(only have built about 20 puters...so far),
I've used both and had problems with both brands...1 of each. O personally am using  a Gigabyte currently,
an E8400 dual-core,8 gigs of G.skill,Gigabyte GTX460 and a WD 500GB hd,Samsung 22233 monitor.

Last mb I had was a P5N-E that literally cooked itself after 6 months,caps popping all over the board,took out
my GPU board and processor. The only problem I've had with the Gigabyte has been when I upgraded from
WinXP Pro 32-bit to Win7  home premium 64-bit...getting the right drivers installed.

#8: Re: Motherboards Talk: I prefer Gigabyte over Asus Author: vikingtd PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:57 pm
    —
I've used all types of motherboards (ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA etc.) for builds, either for myself or others, and I've never had any more problems with one over the others. I recently built myself a new 2600k system using the ASUS P8P67 pro, and other than the issue that affected all of the Sandy Bridge boards, it's screaming along at 4.944ghz quite happily.

#9: Re: Motherboards Talk: I prefer Gigabyte over Asus Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:40 pm
    —
I have both and love both.

GOA.Luke*BK*

#10: Re: Motherboards Talk: I prefer Gigabyte over Asus Author: HeHawKilLerLocation: Medicine Hat, Alberta PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:14 pm
    —
Neither.  Both ASUS and Gigabyte will never compare to DFI.  I've run DFI in my last 4 systems, and i'll never go back to anything else.  Best MB's in the world in my opinion.

Bad Karma -> General Technology

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1