Computer Problems
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> System Help

#1: Computer Problems Author: GoodFellaLocation: Anchorage , Alaska PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:58 am
    —
How you doing fella's . Just to let everyone know . I got home last night and found out my pc would not turn on. I checked every thing twice , and still no power to pc. My son told me that while he was on earlier , he heard a screetching sound . he turned it off and came back later and it would not power on . Some people think it's either the power supply or hard drive . A friend gave me a new 400 watt power supply . will attempt to install tonight when I get home . I called the geek squad and of course they tried to sell me another pc. Right now I'm still at work .  I'm out in three hours , if anyone has any idea's please feel free  , I've had this pc for about six years it's a HP desktop . I hope that after i change out the power supply  I'LL have my pc up again . I was very depressed last night , went to bed super early . Thanks GoodFella .

#2: Re: Computer Problems Author: Panther PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:15 am
    —
Something locked up by the sounds of it. I would bet PSU or HDD.

#3: Re: Computer Problems Author: Warpcore713Location: Maidstone, UK PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:17 pm
    —
im sure even if it was the HHD it should still pwr up & show Bios etc. or the very least some flashy lights & fans spinning.
Its most likey PSU or worst case pwr ready controller on the mobo, hope u get up & running soon  Smile

#4: Re: Computer Problems Author: ARRGGHHHLocation: Ohio PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:57 pm
    —
Replace the power supply

We get that at work all the time.

#5: Re: Computer Problems Author: GoodFellaLocation: Anchorage , Alaska PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:17 am
    —
Yea it was my psu , thanks fella's . replaced with 400 watt temp use only for now . looking to rebuilt new cpu.

Bad Karma -> System Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1