graphics card
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> System Help

#1: graphics card Author: mr-t PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:31 pm
    —
updating drivers did not get rid of my bats. so i have been trying to test my system to find what is wrong,here h=what i have done far with results

any other suggestions on what to try to find the true cause
now my presumtion is that my graphics card is on its way out or has possibly gone. so which is the bes nvidia card to get with out been rediculas on price,

i am also planning on getting a 120gig ssd and a 1tb western digital cavair black

so any suggestions on graphic cards and ssd brand

#2: Re: graphics card Author: KulamonsterLocation: PA PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:43 pm
    —
mr-t,

Here is a GPU/price table....shows how much 3D power per buck you get!

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html#value

Here is the latest GPU benchmark table listing the top cards, so you can see what is the best and the pricing

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html#

Hope this is useful for you!!

CHEERS!!

#3: Re: graphics card Author: MisterMadd PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:38 pm
    —
I had that happen to a card I got from newegg.  It got worse as I kept trying to play BC2, eventually after the PC would boot to login it would go batty then grey screen.  RMA'd it and the replacement works great.

Those performance charts that Kulamonster references don't seem right, a 6850 performing better than a 5970, unless I'm missing something?  I would look at other charts to compare, like on Tomshardware.  Probably go with the 560 Ti if your a nvidia guy.

I can only suggest OCZ ssd's as that is all I have owned.  There support forum is great for any problems you may have and if a problem can't be solved they don't hassle about issuing an RMA #.

#4: Re: graphics card Author: mr-t PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:43 pm
    —
i have my replacement parts on way i should have them monday so i should be back on tuesday hopefull

#5: Re: graphics card Author: mr-t PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:01 pm
    —
unfortunately the parts have got lost in transit. not sure how you loose a box going from point a to point b but that's my luck not sure when I will be back online but it needs to be soon cos I'm getting seriously behind on work now

#6: Re: graphics card Author: LukeLocation: Grand Rapids, MI PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:23 pm
    —
T you are not having a good week are you? lol

#7: Re: graphics card Author: mr-t PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 pm
    —
well I found out that the reason it is "lost" is my address supposedly doesn't exsist even tho I have lived here for about 14 years and the bills seem to arrive with no problems

Bad Karma -> System Help

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1