Bad Karma Logo V1.0
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> General

#1: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: StrandLocation: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:15 am
    —
Here is my Finished draft of the Bad Karma logo I attempted, much thanks to the design team for tips and sites with tutorials.

Here I will describe what all the meanings of the logo are
- I used 4 colors, red, blue, white, and black. red represents the blood shed of the fallen brothers, blue represents courage each man shows, white shows purity, and black represents death
-The wings of the eagle represents serenity
- the kings crown represents wealthiness, both literal and figurative meanings can be applied
- The Scottish lions on the shield represent bravery in the face of adversity, hence the two lions staring at each other.
- The three stars represent excellence in the highest order.
- the duel wielded pistols on the banner represent a coming togetherness of sorts
- "Vires, Vineratio Animus" means Strength, Honor, Courage in Latin
- The shape of a circle represents that we are all connected

#2: Re: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: DMonicLocation: Georgia PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:32 am
    —
Very nice Strand. It looks great.

#3: Re: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: Seattle PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:33 am
    —
Let me quote my favorite heiress/airhead Paris Hilton "Thats Hot!"

#4: Re: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: DrewPLocation: Caldwell, Ohio PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:42 am
    —
Let me  just ...Yeah baby yeah!  I like it alot!

#5: Re: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: Scottie PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:58 am
    —
nicely done bud

#6: Re: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: WrcknCrwLocation: Chicago, IL - USA PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:00 am
    —
Very nice Strand.

#7: Re: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: titanLocation: Sherwood, Arkansas PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:03 am
    —
NICE MAN I LOVE IT

#8: Re: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: FreyLocation: Denver, CO PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:16 am
    —
Great work...being a former MP I have a special place in me that appreciates the crossed pistols.   Very Happy

#9: Re: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: StrandLocation: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:34 pm
    —
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

#10: Re: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: CoCoCountyKillerLocation: Pleasant Hill (bay area) CA PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:04 pm
    —
nice work buddy

co.co.

#11: Re: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: Daykeras PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:17 pm
    —
Well, I figure I'll give my opinion as well.

First off, I want to say I love the work, the effort, and the meaning.

Secondly, I find my eyes going too many places. It doesn't seem smooth enough? Perhaps too much is going on, or maybe it just needs a more modern look.

Hope it helps with draft 2.0 being more polished.

#12: Re: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: StrandLocation: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:52 pm
    —
Yea it was a texture I used, thought it made look like it was made of cotton, kinda of like a little patch.

#13: Re: Bad Karma Logo V1.0 Author: Daykeras PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:56 pm
    —
There was that, sure. It's a little rough on the eyes.

I really meant that there is just so much in the image. When I think of a battalion or a unit logo or image, it's generally very simple. There is simply so much detail, which is awesome, that it feels too busy. It's like one of those infinite mirror images. We have a coat of arms, which generally has meaning and significance with each of _its_ symbols, located inside of another symbol that is really several symbols with meaning and significance, located in a circle which has meaning, surrounded by images and words that have more meaning and significance.

It just feels, for me at least, a bit overwhelming.

Bad Karma -> General

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1