tutorial needed
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Bad Karma -> Sig Gallery

#1: tutorial needed Author: LEGENDLocation: Hell Town, CO PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:07 pm
    —
Where is that tutorial that allows you to make the sigs where part of -like a person- sticks beyond the 120 pixel height?

Thanks

#2: Re: tutorial needed Author: OldYellrLocation: Dallas, Texas USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:42 pm
    —
Use a PNG with an invisible background and higher than 120 pixels.

It is not standard format but that is how it is accomplished.

Check with the graphics team for appropriateness.

#3: Re: tutorial needed Author: HeraclasLocation: Germany PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:00 pm
    —
a pop-out sig ? like ?

#4: Re: tutorial needed Author: Silent_WolfLocation: Loveland, Colorado PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:04 pm
    —
Or a pop out sig like this?

#5: Re: tutorial needed Author: Silent_WolfLocation: Loveland, Colorado PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:15 pm
    —
Someone did a quick tutorial based of the sig from the thread.  I know if was like a day or two after I posted the sig, but I dont know how to sort by date and I dont know what topic they used.

Sig Pickup for Dead-Meat

#6: Re: tutorial needed Author: LEGENDLocation: Hell Town, CO PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:30 pm
    —
Just like that.. either.. is there a different technique being used?

Ta

#7: Re: tutorial needed Author: NightWolfLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:36 am
    —
The technique is the same regardless of the size of the image...basically all you are doing is when you start a new piece of work, set your size to whatever (for BK sigs the size is 400x120) and make sure that the background is set to transparent...

Now your focal image should be smaller then the overall size, which allows for the overhang of the images to give it that popped out look...

For example one...the size is our standard 400x120...pretend that the greyish background is the transparent background...the main focal image is smaller which again allows for that popping out of the sig look...

Now here is the actual sig using an actual transparent background...

The main thing is to make sure your background is transparent...once that's set, all you have to do is create something smaller then the overall sizeof the sig...so say you do a 400x120, then next layer for image make it 400x100 by scaling it down...then if you have a render that you want popped out, insert that as well letting the top of the render go past that 100px height...

Using Herc's sig...

His render is 400x200...pretend that the solid color is actually a transparent background...he made his to pop out from below...

So again it all depends on what you want to do and how you want the main focal render to pop out...the key is the transparent background...

Hope that helps some... Smile

Bad Karma -> Sig Gallery

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1