Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

PB INIT Failure

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:41 pm
Got back into WaW today and got all the patches loaded, PBSetup down loaded and ran...

Then I get into game and start getting one of two messages.

1) PB INIT Failure visit evenbalance and run PB manuel updater (I did several times)

2) something about needeing A1409 C2.259  That's the older version of PB that's running now. why would I need that??

Any help would be awesome!! Thanks

Riv

This maybe the fix you need:

Since Punkbuster has dropped support for World at War, I've pulled together the necessary files for a new W@W install so we can still play multiplayer with a newly installed  game.

First make sure PB is installed by running this file:

https://www.mediafire.com/?l6m2gutdx846pqu

Then download and unzip this file to your World at War install folder (the folder that contains CoDWaWmp.exe)

it seems that this lose of PB support is permanent (it also dropped for COD4), so I'd suggest backing these file up. I have them backed up too, so if the links go dead, I can fix this post.

**Update I have put the files on our official file server to ensure they do not disappear. Please spread the word so everyone can keep playing W@W. GOA.Luke*BK*

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 KJV
Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:06 am
Do you have an overlay running for TeamSpeak? That will mess with it.

Also, in the multiplayer options there is an option for punkbuster. Make sure it is at "Yes"

Only other thing I can think of would be a firewall issue.

Hope these things help

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:16 am
Yeah anything and everything I have read and tried is not working. Now the new one is No Packet Flow. If it's not that then it's the PB INIT Failure. Tried uninstalling, manuel updates....can't figure it out right now.
Guess I'll go back to EQ2 till I can figure it out! LOL!

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 KJV
Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:24 pm
Rivan,

There are guys in TeamSpeak that are always willing to help and are more knowledgable than I am with these kind of problems. Hop on there and ask if anyone can help.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:57 am
Because I see a lot of people coming to this thread from google I have re posted this info here.

Since Punkbuster has dropped support for World at War, I've pulled together the necessary files for a new W@W install so we can still play multiplayer with a newly installed  game.

First make sure PB is installed by running this file:

Then download and unzip this file to your World at War install folder (the folder that contains CoDWaWmp.exe)

it seems that this lose of PB support is permanent (it also dropped for COD4), so I'd suggest backing these file up. I have them backed up too, so if the links go dead, I can fix this post.

**Update I have put the files on our official file server to ensure they do not disappear. Please spread the word so everyone can keep playing W@W. GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:07 am
Thanks Luke