GTPer View latest post
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:23 am
Snap71 View latest post
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:25 pm
mr-t View latest post

Need some feed back on headsets

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:49 am

UFANS wrote (View Post):

I have had the Creative Fatal1ty set for some time now, and love them.  I like the fact you can remove the mic.

same here, great sound quality, inline vol & mic on/off switch too

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:57 pm
I've used the Sennheiser PC 160 SK LM  for a couple of years and I think they're great.

http://www.sennheiser.ca/live/senn/produit/en/965/158

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:56 pm
So here is the question of the hour.  If I get a headset/mic combo that uses the 2x 3.5mm plugs and I have an add-in sound card along with a on board sound card.  Could I plug the headsets into the on board and just used the OS to switch back and forth between the add-in card and the on board.  Ive never tried this, has anyone else?

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:35 pm
Yes. At one point, I had the onbord, PCI audio card, and HDMI audio from my GPU all enabled adn workign on my HTPC to comapre the quality of each.

Though.. why would you want to, in your case? Either way, you coudl get TS to use a specific audio out and in. Surely, the audio card will give you the best results in term of audio quality.  My desktop onbaord audio is supposed to be the "best" Realtek, but it still pales compared to my mid-range audio card.

PS - i must strongly suggest you get yourself a true surround headset. They are awesome.

PPS - what spefic audio card do you have install, anyway? Just curious. If it's a Creative card, I suggest teh "PAX" custom drivers. Soem guy has been releasing them for years and they are far better than the official drivers. Better audio quality and more options.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/pax-drivers/

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:24 pm
I'd go for the Logitech G35 set as per Jessy Lacey. i've had mine for nearly 3 years and they have done me proud. Great build quality, sound and flexibility. They have lasted well through plenty of rough use and continue to this day to be the best headset with mic (that rotates to vertical out of the way) They also have a voice morphing programme if you are iinto that stuff. I got mine for around £35 ($80) 3 years ago. This headset is very versatile and comes with various sized mufflers to ensure that us larger eared humans can wear them comfortably! I have the original mufflers still in use and they are now only just beginning to show signs of wear and tear.

You cannot talk yourself out of trouble you walked right into![color=green][/color]