Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:57 pm
agmaas View latest post

Unhandled Exception Error

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:33 pm
For those that have had "Unhandled Exception Error" come up on them I found this on a web site for gaming. It might help with it. I haven't tried it yet myself but let me know if it works for you.

The Scenario:
If you have all recording devices disabled in Windows, and connect to a voice-chat-enabled server, the first teammate to press their voice communication key in-game will cause you to crash-to-desktop with the Unhandled Exception Caught error message.

The Solution:
Make sure you have at least some recording device enabled in Windows if you intend to use the Voice Chat capabilities in CoD:WaW.

Alternatively, disabling the Voice Chat functionality in-game altogether will permanently solve this specific instance of Unhandled Exception Caught, regardless of the server settings for which you are playing. You can accomplish this by going to the “Options -> Voice Chat” in MP or Co-Op and Disable Voice Chat.

Important: there are likely other causes of the Unhandled Exception crash related to driver compatibility issues which we are actively investigating. The above fix is in no way intended to solve every occurrence of this type of crash. However, some of you may be experiencing it for this reason and this reason alone, in which case your Unhandled Exception days are over.