Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Dusty's Hospital Update

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:46 pm
Hey guys! so an update is in order yeah?
so i got home from utah on sunday afternoon, ive been resting and sleeping alot.
but tuesday morning i began to run a 100.5 fever. the doctor said if it went above 101 i needed to got the the er. it spiked to 102.2 at about 10:30 last night. then to 103.1
so we went to the emergency room. i was taken promptly to an ER room where i promptly got ignored. apparently no one can communicate around here because of some software update. so ive been on this really hard ER bed (which is also too short btw, the bed ends at my ankles letting them dangle.. kinda hurts when you recently broke them.) since 11 last night. my back hurts from laying on this bed that is vying for the comfort level of a surfboard, and nobody here seems to respond to anything we ask i was told it was be "not too much longer" at 6:30. its 8:30. ah well. keep me in your thoughts a prayers peeps! i actually have infection in my right leg. they are going to have to take out the stitches and open up the wounds to clean them out. then sew me back up. they said that will be later this afternoon. who knows, it could be christmas by then!
also, the doctor on call wanted me to go home, come to his office at 8 this morning, then go check in at the hospital.
then my doctor heard about this and overrode him and admitted me.
basically the doctor on call was trying to insurance scam. he could get paid for seeing me in the ER, at his private office, then at the hospital again. my dad got reaaalllyyy mad. he said he would put that guy in the ER if he came near me at all. and he would too lol
but i now know that being admitted into the hospital and being given a room are two different things.
so, imma ride this surfboard until i can get me a real room...

"All the smart people are in Black Ops"
-paJAMamama
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:22 pm
Sorry to hear the news. I am praying that you heal quickly! Please keep us up to date.

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:12 pm
Dusty - I share your frustrations buddy ! I recently went to our local ER and had pretty much the same ordeal. Began having severe pains just under my right ribcage which progressively got worst [very similar to the heart attack I had 6 1/2
           years ago].   I spent 3 hours in a ER bed, was given fluids thru an IV, then was given a CT Scan [which I don't believe was needed, and discharged ] They concluded that I had a severe case of constipation and gave a
           prescription for Mirolax, all for the tidy sum of $7683.00.  I sure am sick of being a cash cow for doctors and hospitals ! ! ! !    Hang in there bro and better soon.

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:53 pm
Sorry to hear about your ordeals Dusty, I hope for a speedy recovery!Smile

First come, first serve'

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:26 pm
They got me in a room now. i go into surgery to clean out my wounds in about 15 minutes.

"All the smart people are in Black Ops"
-paJAMamama
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:43 pm
Sorry to hear of your ordeal in the hospital and the infection. Do yourself a favor, IF it happens again call for ambulance. ER respoce is faster.

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:25 pm
I too add you to my prayers and echo the go in an ambulance - they are "required" usually to see you and treat you on a first priority basis in every hospital I've been in - and that has been too many......

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:41 pm
Sorry to hear about all this I will keep you in my prayers and hope you have a speedy recovery. Then to get you back in Blk. Ops. where I can teach you more if you want.

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:56 am
Dusty you are still in the early stages of your med treatment, they will get you taken care of and the healing can start. It will take some time but just try to stay positive.

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:58 am
Man that's just crazy.
Hope it get better soon. I too have recently gone through myself and with family members the hospital stays,
Some ok and some bad like that. Hopeful it will get better now that reg Doc is on the scene.

your in our prays