Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

My Steam account..Sad

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:46 pm
Hey guys,gals..maybe someone can help? Haven't been on steam in awhile. I'm unable to connect to my account. I ordered a game today on steam site but when I try to go to my games library...nada. It shows connecting to steam than a box pops up that says either problem with my internet or with steam site. Neither is the case. Of course they took my money for game:). I opened up a ticket with them but realize it could take awhile. They also don't have a number I could call......to deal with an actual Humanoid!! If anyone could offer a suggestion? I was going to try to uninstall steam,than reinstall but I'm worried my games will not tag along for the ride!!

Locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver......
7th Engineers "C" CO.1stFSSG Camp Pendleton..ONCE..ALWAYS 86-92
Alpha Company 2nd BN 151st INF ARNG Indiana 11-15
Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:58 pm
You can move your games library, then uninstall it.  Once installed again you can move the folder back.  You will have to go through the install process again for each game but shouldn't have to download much.

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:35 pm
I have just installed windows 7, loaded fresh install of steam, logged in and the steam fairy had all my games ready to reload onto my new windows Smile
hope you get yours sorted mate and maybe they will help if you moan about having a new game and nowhere to play it without your account!

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:45 pm
if its been a really long time there is an security system where they email you a code you have to enter to allow you to login on that system.

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:49 pm
Thx for the tips. Tet I can't even get to my games library in order to move it. I tried to install steam again but it says" your computer is not configured to run steam." Not sure how because it ran this program before with no issues. Mr.T. I was able to log onto steam and they sent me a security code to get into my account. I can see my account but not access anything else. Lady..All I can say is I hope someone hooked ya up with some cheezit's!!!! Good to see ya around ma'am!! My operating system is windows 7. Not sure if this could be a firewall issue.??

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:35 am
Uh dont know if this will make a difference but I know with some of programs I have to go to properties and check the run as admin box so it will run right. Also I use system mechanic and it can block certain program files. I get a message that part of steam is not installed but when I log in, it loads fine. Dont know if that will help but worth checking.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:37 am

13Legion wrote (View Post):

Thx for the tips. Tet I can't even get to my games library in order to move it. I tried to install steam again but it says" your computer is not configured to run steam." Not sure how because it ran this program before with no issues. Mr.T. I was able to log onto steam and they sent me a security code to get into my account. I can see my account but not access anything else. Lady..All I can say is I hope someone hooked ya up with some cheezit's!!!! Good to see ya around ma'am!! My operating system is windows 7. Not sure if this could be a firewall issue.??

You can simply by going to the folder Steam is installed in.  The library would be program files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common if on 64 bit.  You can just move than entire folder elsewhere.  However, since you've already tried to reinstall Steam you might have screwed yourself and deleted the folder.

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:42 am
Yea u will not lose nothing game wise in steam that is downloadable. They keep it and u can redownload it. My games from when I had Win XP are still there, and they want me to reinstall them every time I check. But I'm like, wait a minute I might play them again in the future. So I never get around to reinstalling some of them. If you have  installed new software or new updates of some sort. that might change some settings. Check whatever firewall you run to see if steam is blocked. Try uninstall and then use a registry cleaner before reinstall usually fixes any problems left from an uninstall that might not be fixed in registry. I have had that issue before hand. Maybe a bad sector on hard drive where steam resides on it. I personally have a separate drive for games I play, and then another for programs etc. While op system is left alone. Time consuming it is trying to find the problem.

]
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:52 am
Steam support is horrid.

Try changing your Download Region in teh Steam options. Also make sure you're no having a post conflict, though Steam, and most routers also support it by default.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:00 am
Thx to all. I uninstalled Steam again completely......reinstalled.....fingers crossed......viola....All good. Profile and all games still there as well as the 2 new ones I purchased ,Left 4 Dead 2 and Rising Storm. Thx again for all the tech help!! Very Happy

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:22 am
woohoo! gotta feel the techy luuurrvvveeeee  Laughing