Home Forums Roster Account Rules/FAQs Contact Us Links Challenge Us
Guest@ 18.205.109.82

Donation

Donate Towards BK`s Servers

Please Donate to Help Keep BKs game server up and running

Donate to Helping Hand

Help Support Us

Server

Bad Karma Forum IndexForum Index   MembersMembers   StaffStaff   StatisticsStatistics   Board RulesBoard Rules

Search for at
Bad Karma Advanced Search

Recent Topics     Next 7 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
New Game That Many BK Members are Playing General Tek 6 Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:44 pm
KevMan View latest post
Photobucket now charging what do you use free? General LowJaw 1 Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:46 pm
WolfFang View latest post
Welcome our newest recruit, Bulldog72 General WolfFang 14 Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:33 pm
Notsogood2 View latest post
Best Image Hosting For Sigs? General Luke 1 Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:06 am
WolfFang View latest post
980 ti video card for sale General Pigpen 0 Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:42 am
Pigpen View latest post
CSS BOp's 4 CoD: Black Ops MajorCarnage 23 Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:22 am
MajorCarnage View latest post
@everyone I have peen playing a game called Atlas. Other Games phill22 0 Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:56 pm
phill22 View latest post

Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War installs.
Goto page 1234Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Bad Karma Forum Index -> CoD:WaW(5)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Abram

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:29 pm Post subject: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War installs. Quote Post

EvenBalance - the creators of Punkbuster - have dropped support for World at War and many other games, I've pulled together the necessary files for a new W@W install so we can still play multiplayer with a newly installed game.

Be sure World at War is installed.

Download and run this file below. It will install or reinstall the Punkbuster program, and at the end of the install process it will test the Services it uses. If any test fails, see the Troubleshooting section.

Link: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Then download and unzip this file to your World at War install folder (the folder that contains CoDWaWmp.exe)

Default install folders:
Non-Steam version: \Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\
Steam Version: \Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamspps\Common\Call of Duty - World at War\

Link:  https://www.mediafire.com/?l6m2gutdx846pqu

Self-extracting .zip, for those having trouble with placing this PB folder -->
NOTE: for users with Windows 32bit, use \Program Files\, instead of \Program Files (x86)\, if applicable.

Windows 32-bit users:

Non-Steam version
http://www.wsgfmedia.com/Abram/World at War PB non-Steam 32bit.exe

Steam Version
http://www.wsgfmedia.com/Abram/World at War PB Steam 32bit.exe

Keep in mind that these self-extracting file assumes the game is installed on your C: drive

Windows 64-Bit users

Steam version - http://www.mediafire.com/download/tc8pjx3k15rxa6j/Punkbuster_for_WaW_-_Steam_version.exe
Non-Steam version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/icvedc81vmbyotw/Punkbuster_for_WaW_-_non_steam_version.exe
 (Extracts to default install folder. Simply run it and click Extract, overwrite all existing files)

Troubleshooting:

"Some of these files are detected as a virus by my AV program! What gives?"
These are False Positives. this is common with compressed files containing .dll and .exe files. I assure you, they are safe.

"The pbsvc.exe tests fail!"
Reinstall PB using that setup file.

"PB installed okay, but is still get the PB_INIT_FAILURE message!"
This means that either your PB files are copied tot he wrong location, or that PB Windows Services are not running. To check your services, Click your Windows button (or tap Winkey once) and type in "Services", or type "services.msc" into Run dialogue box.
On the services window that comes up, sort them by Name by clicking the top of the Name column, and look for "PnkbstrA" and "PnkBstrB". Right-click any you find and to to Properties. On the pull-down menu, select "Automatic", and restart your computer.
Then try the game again. There is little consistency in whether or not PnkBstrB is required as a 24/7 service, and PnkBstrA is. Whichever are listed, set it to Automatic. If not, it's okay, and PnkbstrA will start the PnkbstrB service on its' own. If the services are not present in the Services window at all, reinstall PB. If that doesn't work, your two files are likely corrupted. You can find and delete them from C:\Windows\System32\, and run the PB installser again.
(Be VERY careful when altering files in that folder; changing the wrong file can cause great headache)

All other PunkBuster files for other legacy (Punkbuster-depreciated) games can be found here: http://www.pbbans.com/forums/files/legacy-punkbuster-files-cat7.html

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --

Last edited by Abram on Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:50 pm; edited 38 times in total

HuemanFossil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:36 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files, right here. Quote Post

Yes! Thank you. This fixed the game for me.

I would recommend that users backup their original PB files first.

Thank you again Abram.

archstanton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:34 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

Thanks for posting this Abram this helped me a bunch

SSMajorKoenig

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:58 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

Solution just upgrade and get bf4 Shocked  Shocked

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ARRGGHHH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:08 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

Thanks Abrams

[

Abram

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:24 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

No sweat,  ArrgggSSS.....

LADYHAWK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:44 pm Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

I figured it out in the end and hopefully its ok now Smile thanks!

FallGuy_2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:52 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

Hi

I downloaded the first program, uninstalled the PB service using the program and then reinstalled the service. I then downloaded the 2nd file and ran the executable. It seems like it copied and dropped in all the World of War files into a sub folder (making copies?). Not sure if I did this correctly. I still get booted because of PB.

FallGuy_2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:53 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

2nd pic

FallGuy_2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:54 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

3rd pic

FallGuy_2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:55 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

4th pic

FallGuy_2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:56 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

5th pic

Abram

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:44 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

Wow, a gallery Smile there is an edit button.

Just extract that pb.zip to your \Call of Duty - World at War\ folder, and overwrite the old one. Alternatively, extract the individual files in to the existing \pb\ folder.

You want it to appear as such (ignoring the Steam folder, just note the folder within the W@W folder) :

PS - if anyone is interested in a that lovely, dark, Aero-compatible Windows theme, you can get it here: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/33505-Midnight-Glass-Desaturated

Badshot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:00 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

Awesome TY!! I don't need it but a lot of people do!

PFC.Abadshot-BK-A

Badshot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:06 am Post subject: Re: Working Punkbuster files for new COD: World at War insta Quote Post

We should keep this up top for W@W Players that have problems and are directed to our website.

PFC.Abadshot-BK-A
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Bad Karma Forum Index ->  CoD:WaW(5) All times are UTC [DST enabled]
Goto page 1234Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: