nano wrote (View Post):

tet wrote (View Post):

nano wrote (View Post):

Well that is a relief.

-nano

?

No character wipe out.

-nano

Gotcha. Though at this point as many times as I have had to start over due to bugs a wipe is just a slight annoyance to me.

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:45 pm

tet wrote (View Post):

nano wrote (View Post):

tet wrote (View Post):

nano wrote (View Post):

Well that is a relief.

-nano

?

No character wipe out.

-nano

Gotcha. Though at this point as many times as I have had to start over due to bugs a wipe is just a slight annoyance to me.

I'm enjoying the game much more now, gets your heart racing when seeing another player.  I did my fair share of killings.

-nano

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:10 pm

Abram wrote (View Post):

Update 46 Stable just came out, adn upon joining a server, i got a crash saying that "appdata\local\dayz\temp\__cur_mp.ebo" could not be opened. Apparently this is common with some updates. �To fix it, delete your \'MPMissionCache" folder. Of course, back it up first, just in case, or don't empty your recycle bin. Then Verify Game Cache in Steam. In case you're wondering, my character is still with the same gear as before the update.

No official CHangelog that I could find, but this is what was in the new Experimental, pre-release .46 update. i expect the Stable release to be much the same:
Code:

[edit]
 New
 New anti cheat device
[edit]
 Undocumented
[edit]
 Known Issues
 Can no longer craft animal skin backpacks
[edit]
 New
 Action: Sort out fine rounds
 Buildings: New town hall added in Novo
 Buildings: New military building added
 Clothing: Gorka E Military Uniform Jacket added
 Clothing: Green variation of the police cap added
 Files: Added data for Flare Gun, Rabbit Snare, and Tent
 Files: Added data for 2 Grenade Launcher Attachments and 2 SMG's
 Files: Added data for Smoke Grenade, Improvised Butane/Spray Grenade, and Improvised Timed Butane/Spray Grenade
 Files: Added data for mackerels
 Location: Number of possible Helicopter Crash Sites increased from 16-18. (Number of crashed Helicopters on the map stays 3)
 Sound: Added new sounds for the M4A1
 Weapons: MP5-K added
 Weapons: Flashbang added
 Weapons: Grenade added
 World: Added some new roads
[edit]
 Fixes
 Effects: Increased the loading range of Helicopter Smoke
 Gear: Can no longer put Small Protector Cases inside each other.
 Gear: Splint inventory size reduced to two slots
 Lightning: Lightning during night time have been improved
 Sound: Fixed the sounds of the brownish ground
 Weapons: 7Rnd 1911 Magazine flipped back
 Weapons: Kitchen Knives can now be equipped on your back

On another matter, I doubt that Dayz will be an 'official' BK game anytime soon. So can we get a Dayz section? Or move this thread to Other Games or something?

I did what you said above, It still crashing on me.  Any other ideas?

-nano

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:06 am
Looks for ANY of those folders.I actually found another in my Appdata. Then, Verify Steam game files.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:37 am
Along the Bohemia Interactive line, I've recently gotten addicted to the Altis Life mod on Arma 3. If not familar with the game, all of the Altis Life servers are RP ones. You can play as a civilian, police officer (though you usually have to put an application in) or medic. It is another game that can get the heart pumping at certain times depending on what you decide to do in game. Kill on sight is frowned upon without first initiating RP unless you are in an illegal area. One of my characters is a drug runner so when you are at the drug field collecting, your head is on a swivel. You listen for any sound outside of the regular nature sounds. Was that the sound of a car engine turning off. Is that a heli I hear? But that is just the beginning. Then you have to make your way to the processing center. Cops or rebels could be close by. Then it is off to the drug dealer to sell your goods. Is it over? Now you have to get to an ATM and deposit that money before someone decides to rob you. Unlike DayZ though each server has its own rules, map setup, starting money, etc. So you are not able to go from server to server with your same gear. Though the server I play on has two other servers and you can play on any of the three and all of your gear and money transfer. The map is huge because Bohemia doesn't believe in small areas. Most of my RP experiences have been pretty good there though you will still run into the random troll from time to time. Most of my RP has been with the police officers and when you are caught you either pay the ticket they give you or you are off to jail. So far my jail times have just lasted five minutes. I had fun with my last arrest. It was nighttime and they somehow snuck up on me and all of a sudden lights and sirens broke the sound of crickets in the night. I had just gotten to the field so had not put anything in my truck, so I took off on foot into the trees. I dropped what drugs I had and ran into the darkness, finding a collection of bushes to go prone in. Well, I thought after a couple of minutes they would impound my car and head out but these two cops did a grid search and found me taking a nap in the bushes. Off to jail I went.

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:57 pm
Great news!  You can now force feed the zucchini to other players.

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:12 pm
Still playing?  I spent the weekend trapped UNDER an apartment building.  No trick I found online helped me get out.  Eventually I jammed W down and walked away for a while so I could die of thirst.  I immediately respawn into four zombies(spoiler alert: I died.)  Next respawn everything is going fine until I happen upon another fully geared player who happens to blast me outright.  Going better now.  Running around with a Mosin+long range scope.

The now broken melee hitboxes can be annoying at times. I am digging the new items though, but I have yet to find a tent.  Doesn't matter since persistent gear storage isn't enabled.

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:22 pm
Was just on yesterday, my character seems to be doing ok.  Left my character by the coast, spawned and was attacked by 9 zombies at different times including 3 of the crouch zombies (They scare me.)

Needless to say, they all took my axe into their head and maybe a few took my revolver.  

Continued to run through some cities, wasn't attacked by any zombies, made my way through some wooded areas and I was surprisingly attacked by at least 5 zombies.  

Did they up the number of zombies?

ALSO!  I noticed when I spawned my screen is a bit blurry but still same color and I am healthy and energized.  What is going on with that? do I still have lose of blood? I ate food till I was stuffed and drank till I was full, yet it is still blurry.

-nano

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:58 pm
If you get blur that won;t go away, go into your Video options, and back out. That'll fix it.  

I don;t think the number on dead have increased, but they are a bit smarter now; if you fire a gun, they will come to from surprisingly far. They also introduced a new pathfinding system for them. You can trap them inside buildings now, too. They keep sayign that by the end, they plan to increase the number by a faction of 5-10 times what they are now.

The melee was more or less fixed in this last update (and there's another server update coming today), and they added even more stuff to the game.

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:32 pm

Abram wrote (View Post):

If you get blur that won;t go away, go into your Video options, and back out. That'll fix it.  

I don;t think the number on dead have increased, but they are a bit smarter now; if you fire a gun, they will come to from surprisingly far. They also introduced a new pathfinding system for them. You can trap them inside buildings now, too. They keep sayign that by the end, they plan to increase the number by a faction of 5-10 times what they are now.

The melee was more or less fixed in this last update (and there's another server update coming today), and they added even more stuff to the game.

I'm thinking it was less fixed.  Seems very wonky to me.  But yes it is nice the zeds don't walk through walls anymore.

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:38 pm
It's pretty good on the Experimental.  I've mostly been playing that. Funny big on that : of you Drink All of  water container,  your guy loses consciousness for a few seconds.

To get the Experimental,  go to the Dayz properties in Steam and select the opt-and n option for betas.  This last exp version is pretty small,  so switching back and forth to stable is quick. It also gives separate characters from stable.