Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

8/31 All Day Shogun Event Epilogue.

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:48 am
I'd like to thank everyone who participated in the all day shotgun event. I think it went well, until my migraine took over. I'd like your opinion and highs and lows of your experience. And an special thanks goes to Tazman.

Let us know in this thread your thoughts and the value of your experience with the event.

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:32 pm
Thanks goes to you as well, Unicorn Giggles!!!

Also, I noticed that the server went from 1600th (around there) to around 1300th (around there) in the one day of shotgun gaming.

As Uni-Gig stated, give us your thoughts on how this went (i.e. likes/dislikes) and what you think we could do different???  We want to try and maybe make this a regular event, but need any and all input to make sure that this is a FUN experience for all!!!

Taz

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:02 pm
It Was Great Fun Thanks fellas  Twisted Evil

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:16 pm
Congrats Giggs on running the event and all who participated

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:09 pm
I think that the shotgun event was a big success, I know that I had a blast...pardon the pun...lol.  I talked to a few of the people that joined in about it and the feedback was positive for the most part.  I think that the only real negative comment that I heard was that the people running slugs were hitting a lot further away than people with buckshot.  That could just be an incentive to level up, though.

Eagerly looking forward to the next Shotgun event, or a Pistol one...

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:33 am
It was another awesome ShotGuns only event! I saw a good number of players in the server make comments how much they had fun as well.

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:40 am
I had a lot of fun with the shotgun event. I would agree with DraegonEye about the slugs. Personally I like the close quarters feel of playing with a shotgun, so I would say ditch the slugs and possibly frag rounds too. With those types of ammo, I feel like the games turn into shotgun "sniping" across maps very easily. Semi autos with slugs and frags feels a lot like playing against people using DMRs and airbursts. Overall though, I think the event was a success and I would play in a shotgun only event anytime.

Also, I would consider giving the maps a higher ticket/kills limit if possible. Rounds seem to go by very quickly if the server has a lot of players in it, and I feel like I spend more time loading maps than I do playing. But maybe that's just a personal gripe of mine.

Seeing as how we got quite the crowd in server 1 with the shotgun only event, what about making the server shotgun only permanently? Or alternate shotgun/pistol only somehow? (Pistols only sounds fun too, I saw you mention it in the other post UnicornGiggles) It's a shame to see server 1 empty most of the time. (I also miss crouching. What about a shotgun crouch event? LOL)

Thank you UnicornGiggles and Tazman for organizing this event.