Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:30 pm
GTPer View latest post
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:23 am
Snap71 View latest post
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:25 pm
mr-t View latest post

Beware of router takeovers !

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:44 am
Be on the lookout for router infections !  My system has for the last week been acting very strangely and after running a network security scan contained in my anti-virus program
I found out that someone had infiltrated my router settings and reset my router to the basic user password (admin/admin) which is not secure at all and control of the router was
pirated thru another server . I have been up all night trying to reset my router password back to a stronger p/w and finally was able to fix it. I don't know how much damage has
been done but will just have to wait and see what shows up.

In researching this I found a blog on my anti-virus home page about an  attack on Android systems that is piggy-backed on apps. for that o/s . While it is primarily directed at
Russian and eastern European users I saw where Google Play is one of the apps. in question along with several others , so be careful when downloading your apps.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:09 pm
that means someone got your ip and is trying to hack you and only you for whatever reson so i would also think about changing your ip so that this guy would have hard time hacking your stuff again

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:28 pm
Thanks Cake,Appreciate the info

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:00 am
Wow the world we live in now days, and I use google play a lot. on my phone i keep very limited information on it. Thanks Cake

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:25 pm
There is many anti virus anti malware programs for android avg, Norton, lookout and others i always install one ( i use Norton no haters) on fresh android device before any apps on info. If you want a secure phone that does not need anti stuff only windows phones are secure rite now (WP 8.1).

"Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days"

Franklin, Benjamin.
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:00 pm
Hey folks, as some of you know I work in a bank fraud department as an investigator. I can definitely confirm that fraud activity is at an all time high. All electronic communication devices, computers, IPads, cell phones ect. are constantly under attack by those looking for account numbers, banking and credit card info, passwords and other electronic verification information as well as personal info. Safeguard all of your devices, routinely change passwords for banking sites, be aware of current phone scams and when in doubt ask questions or seek info before committing to an action that might give someone else your personal info or potentially release account info. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this send me a pm and I will get you the most up to date info.

Arte et Marte                             Per Ardua Ad Astra
Life is about falling – Living is about getting back up