Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:57 pm
agmaas View latest post
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:24 pm
Snap71 View latest post

Seeking Advice

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:08 am
I've deleted the STEAM version of W@W and installed the game from disc.  Found that my ping is still in the wind, oh well...  Had to rename myself because I followed the directions incorrectly.  I don't mind that, I've started with nothing I can do so again.  I downloaded the patches for the game from the forums and installed them, again, no problems.  Downloaded PB for the non-STEAM version and installed that, works well.  Entered game this evening to see if everything worked, so far so good till I got to "Round-House".  My version did not match the server's version.  sad face ...  
Where do I go to find the server's version of this map? And will I find more of the same further down the road?
Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you..

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:19 am
just to let you know ou cannot move profiles from one copy of waw to another so you were always going to have to start from scratch.
as for the map to me it sounds like the file for that map is corrupt if you know anyone else with the game they could send you a replacement file, there not big files i don't think.

as for this happening with other maps its possible.

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:54 am
If I had read How to change your name ... a little slower I may have had it figured out, hopefully, if anything at least keeping my original *.cfg .  But I  was in a hurry and misread something and messed it up.  I found a Gatekeeper to help me with my name then I remembered I had almost too many letters as it is and had to shorten it to make it work.

So, am anxiously awaiting someone with the proper stack of files of maps and where I may place them.  I don't know whether or not STEAM's versions will work.  Meanwhile I'll keep searching the net.

Thanks mr-t.

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Hey Moonz3r,
I have exactly the same problem with the Roundhouse map. I also use the non-steam, disc installed game.
Have tried to replace the map file with another one from other members but no luck - same problem.
I've been reluctant to clear everything and reinstall not to mess up anything else since the game and PB works well otherwise.
So, when Roundhouse comes up it means time for a short break for me....
Should you find an easy solution without reinstalling everything I'm certainly interested.
Btw, don't forget to save your Profiles folder often in a separate folder or USB-stick.
Good luck!

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:10 pm
I also had the same problem with the roundhouse map. I ended up just doing a re-install and it now works fine. I think there must be an issue during the initial install unpacking all of the files.

Arte et Marte
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:52 pm
One of the patches is messed up. Uninstall all patches and reinstall maybe from a different download website. I can't remember what patch has the map update for round house.

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:18 am
Three re-installs, three different sets of patches & I still haven't found the proper patch for "Round House".  Back to the drawing board and the world wide web for the search for more patches and no, I'm not going back to STEAM for the re-installation of W@W.  My ping has gone down by 10-15.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:22 am
One more question, what do I have to adjust to be able to see the "red tags" of my opponents?  I can see the "green tags" of my team mates clear across the maps, but no red tags at all, none.
Thank you

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:25 am
I really don't know but I think it depends on the server settings for that. So if there not green then shot Smile

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:49 pm
Johnny is correct, if no green tag...shoot to kill!!

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:04 pm

Moonz3r wrote (View Post):

One more question, what do I have to adjust to be able to see the "red tags" of my opponents?  I can see the "green tags" of my team mates clear across the maps, but no red tags at all, none.
Thank you

There is no adjustment for this and the tags have been notoriously slow to show ingame ever since the game came out. That's why we always say to check the uniforms, not the tags. Getting used to the uniforms is pretty easy and will save time in deciding friend or foe in a firefight.

Arte et Marte                             Per Ardua Ad Astra
Life is about falling – Living is about getting back up
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:18 pm
Okay then ... Team mates, till I learn the uniforms, you're all dead as well.  Sorry.

Now for the original reason of this post, "Seeking Advice"; I was originally seeking advice on how to recover the map (mp_roundhouse.ff) so that I may play a full rotation of maps before taking a break, I may have found my cure, so-to-speak.  I DL'd and installed the last set of patches (per Johnny's advice, not that the patches in forums are bad ...) for WaW from here: http://www.callofdutyview.net/downloads ,(scroll down to "Call of Duty:World At War") download the patches - COD:WAW 1.2 Patch, COD:WAW 1.4 Patch (Including Map Pack 1), COD:WAW 1.5 Patch (Including Map Pack 2), COD:WAW 1.6 Patch (Including Map Pack 3) and COD:WAW 1.7 Patch and install them.  But before doing so read the next paragraph ...

**Important Patch Installation Notes**
After installation your game should indicate a version number of 1.4.1144 on the main menu.
   If you are reinstalling COD:WAW or installing COD:WAW for the first time you only need to install patches 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 in that order – patches 1.1 and 1.3 are included in patches 1.2 and 1.4 respectively.
   You should restart your computer after each patch installation to make sure the registry gets updated correctly.
   After installation your game should indicate a version number of 1.7.1263.

Perhaps this was where I had made my original mistake, because I didn't see many other players having the same mishap as I.  I now have "Round House".
Thank you..

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:49 pm
Having same problem with Downfall map.  Game crushes when this map comes. Will try to reinstall patches.

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:10 pm
May have to do a reinstall