Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:30 pm
GTPer View latest post
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:23 am
Snap71 View latest post
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:25 pm
mr-t View latest post

Homophobic Administrator Ban

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:06 pm
I was recently banned by an Admin of this Server while playing BF4.  I look up at my chat window and someone with the name Skellet is saying "Last Warning PrivateWar, change your emblem" I asked him exactly what was wrong, he refused to say but insisted that I was in violation of the rules.  I am quite familiar with the rules, and have been playing on Bad Karma for a while.  My emblem is in no way a violation of the rules.  Finally, once I pressed for a straight forward answer, Skellet informed me that the conversation is over.  I was banned for having an emblem that has two words: "I'm Gay"

This is deeply troubling, and such bigotry shouldn't be tolerated at all.  Please look at yourselves and the impact you have on people like me.  If this isn't properly addressed I may proceed further action.  Instead I would much rather see Skellet informed of your rules, and asked to honor those rules.  If he is unwilling or unable to alter his homophobic bias, I suggest you remove him from your Admin list.  Otherwise this server could lose it's Ranked status if I report this to EA.  Asking me to hide who I am, and get back in the closet is beyond wrong and Bad Karma Servers have better standards than this.

Sincerely,
Collin

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:25 pm
im sorry this happened to you. please click contact us and submit a ticket proud

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:33 pm
Dear Natb1,

Thanks for replying!  I already have done this.  I am mostly interested in verifying this kind of thing isn't going to happen to someone else.

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:35 pm
Ok. just be patient and wait :)

SSG.Natb1*BK*

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:52 pm
Dear Sir,
I don’t know what the banning is about and don’t know the emblem,
I'm sure there is an explanantion or reason to the ban...
I don’t take judgement in this, just trying to explain what the clan is about.

But rest assure, we respect everyone regardless of race, religion, politics, gender, or philosophy as long as we are polite and friendly to each other, we get along, and don’t offend each other.
If everyone would do that, we would have a nice woldl to live in.
That’s the reason why I joined this clan… And love it so much !

Just wait for the ticket to go through...

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:34 am
You were asked to change your emblem. But this was not what you were removed from the server for.  That came with the disrespectful comments that where posted in chat. But as you can see, you are more than welcome to post a ticket as I had mentioned in the chat multiple times.  That is the correct place to post, not on the chat during game.

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:40 pm
Skellet.  You will not be able to truthfully cite one example of me using disrespect.  I told you that you would not get away with banning me over your hate.   Even now, you are still unable or unwilling to say exactly how my emblem is in violation of the rules.  What exactly needs to be changed about it?

I formally request the Gatekeepers please check the server chat logs and discover there is no evidence of the disrespectful comments that Skellet alleges I made.  This is significant because it now shows that Skellet is falsifying his account of the event.  Leaving only malicious intent on his part.  This incident happened yesterday around 2 pm Pacific Time.

Thank you

PS>  I would like to add for the record, some on the server were standing up for me, and that is highly appreciated and shows there are plenty of good people on this server.

Last edited by proud_gay on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:05 pm
Proud_Gay, Can I suggest that using a derogatory term to describe anyone is not helpful, I hope you understand this.

Great to see a particular members empathy on this issue, But may I suggest that before correcting peoples grammar etc in a post as sensitive and emotive as this one, you perhaps might want to show them the same courtesy as the Author !

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:11 pm
Shocked

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:13 pm
Karma,

Please inform me of which above word is derogatory?  I am willing to apologize for any mistake I've made.  Please just let me know which (above) term is derogatory.

Thanks

Last edited by proud_gay on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:24 pm
Dear Proud,

As the son of my two moms, and as the brother of my 2 gay siblings. I assure you that BK servers are a safe place for ALL to play.  
I am sad to hear about this event, and I hope it all turns out to be a HUGE misunderstanding.  Please know that it will be followed up on promptly.

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:30 pm
When the logs are checked...you will see, he was in the server causing problems, as everyone who gets kicked or banned, they come on here and say they did nothing, the post should be locked or moved to the admin area, and wait out the ticket.

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:38 pm
CR1M3;  thanks so much for the kind support.  its good to see someone repping Bad Karma with positive intentions.

Target: as for your comment, you may notice there are several posts on BK that include apologetic players remorseful about their disrespect.  it is unfortunate you desire this post to be locked, squashing dissent is certainly not helpful.  people who disagree with you or Skillet, do not need to be silenced, they need to be heard.

Last edited by proud_gay on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:40 pm
google the player name....the posts from other sites end up like this one "..."This post has been hidden by the Battlelog administrators."

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:47 pm
I will not get caught up in a fight with target about free speech.  I am confident this will be cleared up by the facts COMING OUT, and not by squashing discussion.  

You mention a google search for my player name, I did this and easily found a link where I, a respectful person formally asks for information about a ban, and  that ban is duly lifted.  Check it out.  http://www.cap-hq.net/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?49735.post[align=right]

Last edited by proud_gay on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:56 pm; edited 5 times in total