Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:57 pm
agmaas View latest post

My Thoughts On COD WW2 (PS4)

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:50 am
Hi all nice to talk again,

At 10 pm two weeks ago, my friend convinced me to buy Call Of Duty World War II. After playing it for 5 straight hours the next day I knew this was the COD that could bring this series back into my life. It is very similar to Black Ops 2 and Black Ops one game play. If anyone played those, for me, they were the last call of duties I really enjoyed because you can't fly around. But with every visually pleasing and functioning games, there are a few things that still need fixing. Here's my opinion.

Weapons

First off, the guns. They stayed with a similar format that they have ran for years; there are 6 Assault Rifles, 5 Sub Machine Guns, 3 Sniper Rifles, 3 Light Machine Guns, 3 Shotguns, 3 Pistols, and of course A Shovel.

You might be wondering though, if you've played the game already or have seen a review, that these aren't all the guns. Each Primary weapon category has a weapon on the bottom of the list that can only be unlocked by prestiging the Division that correlates with those Weapons. Yeah crazy I know.

Divisions

Now comes a very confusing part that took me a while to understand.

The Infantry Division correlates with Assault Rifles. Equipping this division, which can be changed no matter what weapon you have equipped in the load out menu, while using an Assault Rifle grants the player Bayonet Charge.
Once this Division is prestiged, you'll unlock the SVT-40, a fan favorite from Call Of Duty World at War. I have mixed emotions about this gun, that saying I am not liking any of the Semi Automatic Rifles in this game, as they are tricky with their hit boxes and they usually have not enough bullets to finish off your opponents.

The Airborne Division correlates with Sub Machine Guns. Equipping this division while using a Sub Machine Gun grants the player a Suppressor.
From what I have noticed, in this game, listening closely to you're surroundings is very important. If you don't listen for footsteps, which are quite loud, flankers will punish you by spraying you down with a suppressed SMG.
Prestiging this division unlocks the MP-40 which is just a better version of the grease gun. The MP-40 has 5 Accuracy and 8 Fire Rate while the grease gun has 8 Accuracy and 5 fire rate.

The Mountain Division correlates with Sniper Rifles. Equipping this division while using a Sniper Rifle grants the player Steady Aim. But not like the usual steady aim from past CODs. This year it provides aim assist, enemy names, with the cost of blocking out your surroundings (blacking out the rest of the screen besides your scope).
Prestiging this division unlocks the Kar98k, which is by far the best sniper rifle in my opinion but the Springfield(M1903) is a close 2nd.
There's not much I can say about this division, it is pretty explanatory, although I do think it has the best uniforms out of the divisions.

The Armored Division correlates with Light Machine Guns/ Equipping this division while using a Light Machine Gun grants the player Bipods.
I do not have much experience with this division, as from what I've seen it is rarely used among the player base, all the bipod does is hold your gun completely still, causing no recoil, but you are stuck in one spot and it is very frustrating to find a ledge to set up shop on.
Prestiging this division unlocks the MG 42, a classic from World At War. I have not been able to use this gun, but its stats are ridiculous. 6 Damage, 5 Range, 5 Accuracy, and 9 Fire Rate. Shockingly most weapons with past high fire rates have marginally decreased fire rates, such as the PPSH-41.

Lastly is the Expeditionary Division, which Correlates with Shotguns. Equipping this division while using a Shotgun grants the player Incendiary Bullets.
To me this seems kind of historically unrealistic, but it existed apparently as earliest of World War 1. Sadly they are stupidly over powered. Even being grazed by one of these bullets you'll die.  
Prestiging this division will unlock the Sawed Off Shotgun. Once again I haven't been able to use this weapon, but I have used the Double Barrel Shotgun and I don't see why it takes so long to get it, the Double Barrel is SO good.

For Now, this is all I will write so I don't have to write an essay, because that's for school, so if anyone needs additional info I will reply to them as soon as I see their comment. Also if anyone without the game wants me to test something I can do that also.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 am
Hey Shane - good to see you.  My son got the game and even though the graphics are good - i'm just not impressed with the play .  I'm hoping Battalion 1944 will prove more worthy.

glad you stopped in - come on into Team Speak when you find some time.  take care, do well in school!!

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:25 am
My thoughts on the PC version.

I REALLY LIKE THE GAME!

WAR mode is my favorite game mode because it requires real team play and you can help your team even if not a great player (by setting bombs or building a bridge, etc)

The most versatile Division set up is using the "RIFLEMAN" perk (was called overkill in WAW). It allows you to carry 2 primary weapons and switch between them as fast as a pistol draw. It is waaaay faster to switch from  MP40 to STG , than reloading and saves my butt a lot :)

AIRBORNE is by far the most useful Division in WAR mode. You get extra run ability (longer sprint time) which is incredibly useful when trying to get beck to the OBJ when killed or get of Normandy beach. At prestige 1 , I unlocked the MP40 permanently which I use as primary and set up STG or SVT as secondary.

I agree that MOUNTAIN  has the best uniforms and is my second most used Division in WAR mode. Having the KAR scoped and an MP40 for second primary is fantastic for defense on WAR mode.

INFANTRY is  also useful , depending on the map , when having primary as Garand or SVT and secondary SMG (MP40 in my case)

LOVE the game (so far....)

I believe it is definitely worth buying. Especially if into WW2 games Smile

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:05 am
I bought it and have just started playing it so no comment yet except great graphics.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:26 pm
Man I wish they had server's for this...