Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

There are no dedicated servers in MW2.

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:01 pm
There will be no dedicated servers in MW2. At this time we will reevaluate how we will support MW2. We are still very dedicated to supporting W@W and would love to have a MW2 server if at all possible.

More info to come.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Last edited by Luke on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:10 am
Some of you may have read about the rumours surrounding whether dedicated server support will be available in the upcoming CoD:MW2.

Read Here:

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?op...739&Itemid=111

This afternoon, during a live BASH episode, who should turn up but Infinity Wards community manager: 402.

A number of questions were put forward, including the dedi server question. Rob "fourzerotwo" Bowling replied:

no - dedi servers will not be available. Multiplayer will run through a "IWNet" and servers will not be available for purchase. Listen servers only.

Furthermore, Bowling also confirmed that PunkBuster will not be supported, alternatively using the Valve Anti-Cheat (or VAC) system.

BASH is still live with 402 - listen live here!:
http://bashandslash.com/index.php?op...d=91&Itemid=76

I will update as news becomes available.

UPDATE:

402 says on BashandSlash that, as of right now, there are NO plans for mod tools, as the current setup with IWNet doesnt support mods.

No delay on PC for Modern Warfare 2. You'll also have Prestige Mode in PC as well as lots of Steam support. Hopefully min specs will be soonabout 9 hours ago from Tweetie from fourzerotwo's twitter

[Watch On YouTube]

-Blackhawk[DD]

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:50 am
Well. It's official. I'm glad I didn't preorder it. Everyone complain to infinity ward. Twisted Evil

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:52 am
Rob Bowling, community manager (Gamer / Geek / Creative Strategist at Infinity Ward...as he says on his Twitter page) at Infinity Ward was kind enough to join our panel on BASH today. He let us in on the news that IW was taking Modern Warfare in a new direction. The online game on PC has changed. Dedicated servers are out. IW.net is in.

This is a game changer and many of you may not be too happy. I for one will be willing to listen and try it out. It’s all I can do.

For the folks in our community that mod and map, the future does not look as bright as the past.

BashandSlash Webcast regarding PC

Thanks to Rob, PST*Joker from mycallofduty.com, Rudedog from fpsadmin.com, Garetjax from codtv.tv, Josh from Planetmedalofhonor.com, MatTks from @weplaycod (Twitter) and weplaycod.com, iBleedv20 at omnilinkit.com and the hordes in our chatroom and ventrilo.

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:07 am
I'm seeing the same reports. We still are hearing from the game server hosts that they will be offering servers but still no info yet. If this is the truth we will have to reevaluate what we do with MW2. We will still offer some kind of support but not sure what it will look like at this time.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:17 am
58 pages on infinity wards forum of petitions... and it's rising every second.

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:22 am
Do you have a link to the petition?

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:33 am
Unfortunately, Infinity Ward locked the ability to create an account on their forum... But you can still post on their facebook page and such. Here's the link to the huge petition: http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=121918&start=610

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:37 am
I saw this on bkops twitter thanks! http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition.html I signed as well to the public!

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:49 am
From IW forums

Black Saturday 10/17/09 - No Dedicated Servers and Mod Tools Announced

See http://bashandslash.com/

The news today put a stake thru the heart of most PC gamers and most feel its the end of the community and competition aspect of PC gaming we all came to love especially with the COD series. This could be end of the leagues like CEVO, TWL etc.., the end of gaming server companies like GameServers and the end of the clan community as we know it.

Let us show IW and Activision they are making a big mistake and they are letting many PC sales worldwide go to waste by not supporting dedicated servers and mod tools. Many innovations in this game came from PC mods done by PST Joker and other modders. Things like the C130 cannon and many other innovations. Many great games like CounterStrike itself has come from modders. Also custom maps and mods like 402's favorite Star Was mod came from the modding community. Its a shame that IW and Activision has forgotten where its roots came from. The PC community has supported the game greatly since the first version. There are still many players that play the previous versions. Console gamers should appreciate the things we have forced on the game: Larger maps, stats and more than 4 player maps came about so consoles could offer as much as PC versions of games. A lot of 360 gamers wanted dedicated servers for 360. Instead of pushing the console side to its limits they have decided to dumb down the PC version and not offer the many features we have had for years in FPS games. This is not progress or an improvement! This is a giant leap backwards!!!

Please sign this thread to let IW and Activision know that you as a consumer support the PC version and that they are losing the opportunity to make even more sales by not supporting mod tools and dedicated servers and release a better product. At the very least they can patch it into the game after release. Much like Treyarch put in COD TV, additional maps and other DLC afterward we would hope that Activision/Infinity Ward would realize the benefits of supporting and expanding the PC version to the fullest. It will only make the game better for everyone and eventually the console community can get mods and broadcasting eventually also and other benefits innovated with the PC first.

Let us let IW know that we want these things in the game in order for it to be a truly complete game and not an unfinished product.

I will be updating and putting a total number of signatures daily. Lets keep this going so they have to listen.

-a2k-TriggerPappy
http://www.a2kclan.com
add my xfire=triggerpappy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

**Total Signatures to Date**

10/17/09 - 4:30pm EST > 144 Signatures and Counting

10/17/09 - 6:00pm EST > 275 Signatures and Counting

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:50 am
I saw that they turned off the ability for people to join their forums. That is a shameful cheep move... A move like this can push the hard core players away form COD for ever.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:57 am
I suggest we go to any other game clans forum informing them of this and ask them to sign the petition. And I also suggest that we organise a rally in front of IW's building... Twisted Evil

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:10 am
hmm I am going to go out on a limb here.  they won't allowed dedicated servers right now.  I bet what they might do in the future is have dedicated servers and then charge a huge preimium and shut down the other secondary server host.  Thats just an assumtion

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:57 am
Please sing the petitions and post on their forums if you have already registered. We need to stop actions like this or there will be no need for teams like *BK*. With out dedicated servers there will be no privet admining of our servers like we do. There will also be no privet matches like we did today let your voice be heard.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:27 am
You can Mail or call IW at the following info. Let them know what you think!

15821 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436
(818) 386-0072

GOA.Luke*BK*