Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

BK can play MW2 with our own rules, but

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:08 pm
Only way for others to join private server would be for invite or in our friends list. But this is great news for us that like the no running rule. Even if only a handful of the BK community plays MW2. The biggest issue would be finding new recruits and clans to scrim. We could post on MW2 community forums to find recruits and rival clans or just party up and own servers by being majority of players. Its not going to be easy but its possible. I think we have a big enough fan base to fill up a private server.

[img]http:
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm
The biggest issue is privet  servers are limited to 16 players. It would also mean no ability to recruit in the game. Privet servers will run off of peoples home PCs which means poor pings. I see this game as a dead in for the team. The team couldn't grow or offer the high quality servers we do now.

Now if you want to get the game and play it we will support you with a place on TS and a forum section. I just don't see a need to support a game where we can't recruit or run dedicated high quality servers.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Last edited by Luke on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:32 pm
I suppose im trying to polish up something that will always be dirty. Roger ya Luke good point... so sad so very sad  Sad

[img]http:
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:01 pm
the game is as good as a 3 legged horse!!!!
I wont buy it......dead in the water and the makers will suffer....end of

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:06 pm
Battlefield Bad Company 2 here I come!!! EA games gets my money! Very Happy too bad we have to wait longer for it... Sad

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:11 pm

LADYHAWK wrote (View Post):

the game is as good as a 3 legged horse!!!!
I wont buy it......dead in the water and the makers will suffer....end of

Agreed!!

Immolation wrote (View Post):

Battlefield Bad Company 2 here I come!!! EA games gets my money! Very Happy too bad we have to wait longer for it... Sad

I'd rather eat my shoes than give ea my money...

If EA was smart they would dump the bf2/bf2142 type games in the trash where they belong,
get the bad company series to the pc. Support it the way they should support a game.
Bring out patches that do something useful for a change, so that the game doesnt get a
hackedy-hack-hackish fest...

My 2 cents... So for now, just WaW.
Would it not be an idea to get an Modern Warfare server (part 1) Still a lot going on on that game.
Since part 2 doesnt support dedicated server and part 1 does... Still tons playing that game.

The lesson is: Our God is vengeful! O spiteful one, show me who to smite and they shall be smoten - Homer Simpson
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:14 pm
I'm not sure we want to go back to an old game. I would like to look forward at this time to a new game while still supporting W@W.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:26 pm
I'm sorry but the battlefield series (battlefield 1942, bf2, bf2142) is amazing. I have always loved the conquest gametype. I suppose there are going to be a few people who disagree though... oh well.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:59 pm
Yeah I can't beleave they changed the format to a more pro console type game play with afew treats for the PC ver which is a joke as I see it, I canceled my pre-order untill maybe it falls into the dollar bin.....

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:04 am
The worst waste of money I ever spent was when I bought the BF2 series.............

The second worst waste of money was when I bought Dragon Rising.........

I'm not looking forward to a game that I will end up wasting money with again. I know Bad Company. That game was freakin awesome. If there is a second one like Strand has said and if it is coming to PC, then I think we should strongly look into moving that direction as a clan. Private servers = no good for clans. Dedicated servers = we get to keep the good group of guys and gals we have here.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:19 am
There is a BF Bad Company 2 coming to the PC. Dice is making it and they confirm that yet it will have dedicated servers.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:56 am

epbble wrote (View Post):

The worst waste of money I ever spent was when I bought the BF2 series.............

Preach.
Only one I like is good 'old 1942, and 43 ofcourse... Frostbite engine ftw.
Now they need to remake freegin Vietnam with that engine, that would be sweeet!

@Luke

Really? I didnt get the messenge Bad Company was coming to pc... Make's my live just a little better..!
Altough its gonna take a while to get to play that. And knowing EA, there's gonna be some delays on
the date when its gonna come out..

The lesson is: Our God is vengeful! O spiteful one, show me who to smite and they shall be smoten - Homer Simpson
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:34 pm
Actually Battlefield: Bad Company was originally slated to come out the first week of December, but due to the release of Modern Warfare 2, they bumped it back 3 months to compensate for any delays and to make sure they have a big window to get a lot of sales.

I have a question though, has a company ever moved a release date forward? Because they could do that to take advantage of the heartbroken PC fans looking for a new developer to call their own after IW broke all ties with the majority of our community.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:20 pm
Inifinity Ward responds to lack dedicated servers Modern Warfare 2
By Jan Laros, Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:43
Submitter: voz, views: 13,022

The management of development studio Infinity Ward has responded to the fuss that has arisen around the new game Modern Warfare 2. This will support dedicated servers and lack much about his fans very disappointed.

The players were angry petitions triggered by the lack of dedicated servers in Modern Warfare 2, are now more than thousand times signed. Who thinks that Infinity Ward will succumb to the criticism, however, appears to be mistaken. In an interview with Game Informer web of studio bosses Vince Zampella and Jason West of Infinity Ward again strongly defended the decision.

Zampella and West emphasize that hardcore players will have little affected by the decision. Clans will remain private practice and play pots only the functionality they will have to miss the modding of maps and other game elements.

"We thought it would be nice if the game players actually could play well," Zampella said mockingly. He suggests the importance of the Infinity Ward game experience over that of mud and tuners. At first there were many complaints Modern Warfare about players who could find no suitable server by the large number of cheaters or strength differences between the players.

When the decision was announced to no dedicated servers for Modern Warfare 2, where, there were rumors that it was a direct action against piracy would go. According Zampella is not the case: "The Steam functionality helps against piracy, the lack of dedicated servers I do not".

According to Western commercial interests, especially against players with the announced absence of dedicated servers. He claims that many people earn money by selling ads on dedicated servers and in particular those people who are on their hind legs after the announcement.

All multiplayer matches in the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 will be via the portal "iw.net" expired. Creative strategist and community manager Robert Bowling of Infinity Ward explains the functionality of the new portal on his blog. He stressed that all the disadvantages of dedicated servers will disappear and that the benefits are maintained. The modding of maps and rules will be better regulated and cheating is prevented by the Valve Anti-Cheat system. Private matches and play with friends or clans still be fine, says Bowling.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:04 pm
I won't play this because I can't handle a 12 year old cussing me out or tking just to create havok.  No way to control the server, just brings out the idiots.