Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:36 pm
mr-t View latest post
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:30 pm
GTPer View latest post
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:23 am
Snap71 View latest post
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:25 pm
mr-t View latest post

MOH is live! Rules about giving feed back.

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:48 pm
MOH is live! We are going to ask everyone to wait at least 24 hours to post their thoughts until you have played the game for more then a hour or two. This way we avoid early impressions and can get more concrete info from members. We will have the same rules with COD BO.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:56 pm
Luke, might want to make this a sticky so everyone will see on front page.

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:16 pm
BUMP!!

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:28 pm
I just finished the Steam download and am about to "dig in".  While waiting for the download I was looking for sig material and found this hehe.

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:09 pm
That's sweet HellBoy! Gives me Idea

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:44 am
Okay I will start by saying that MOH is fun.  I play a variety of games, not just FPS and well I find most of them fun.  I will rate this game on the amount of fun one has and its lasting appeal.  My review simply involves how fun this game is and how much joy it brings each time I start a new map rotation.  Overall rating both multiplayer and single player, I give MOH a 7/10 compared to all the other games I have played.

Single player:  It is good with the game play and plot but doesn’t give a lot of control over game play.  I follow my team members around and shoot the enemy.  I act on my teammates instead of my teammates acting on me.

Multiplayer:  Nothing really exciting about it.  Fun, but I shoot a rifle and that’s about it.  Throw smoke, cover my teammates, move up, and take objective, repeat.  It is fun don’t get me wrong but I’m already starting to become bored and I haven’t even unlocked everything.  Throwing smoke and just shooting my rifle can get old fast if the overall game play doesn’t allow for more variety.

I do love the terrain that is in all the maps.  It is unfortunate that such crafted design is somewhat diminished due to a lack of game play variety.

Overall 7/10 just doesn’t have lasting appeal.  The game has so much potential but falls short with the lack of variety and excitement.  Throwing smoke and shooting my rifle can only bring so much joy before I move on to something else.  IMO MOH is just a stopgap until bigger and better things come about.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:45 am
I had my list of the good and bad prepared but it seems MisterMadd and I are on the same page.  It's a nice place to visit until the BC2 Vietnam and Black-Ops arrive.

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:12 am
Was the beta a good representation of the finished multiplayer game?

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:05 pm

NQSonic wrote (View Post):

Was the beta a good representation of the finished multiplayer game?

The short answer is yes, however the grenade, 40mm, rocket, etc. splash damage is better than that of beta.  Graphics and sound are awesome (assuming you're running dx11). Single player is excellent (despite poor console reviews that were posted by WannaB) IMHO.

Full review coming after I've invested more time.

Last edited by CapZac on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:12 pm
I'd say thay my impression on day one was good - although it seems to be similar in many ways too Battlefield, and very much less like any previous MOH incarnations. I had a lot of fun playing this on Tuesday and Wednesday - while this was new to everyone... but after a couple days of gameplay I'm becoming less enthused.

The sniper rifle is really too powerful. You can get shot in the foot from a long distance and it will kill you Rolling Eyes
The maps have a lot of choke points and long sightlines - many of which gives snipers the ability to spawn kill. It looks like you really only have a couple of approaches to objectives and they tend to funnel you through ambush zones. This means that you can get a lot of people choosing the sniper class and hanging back and just picking people off. After a while - with enough kills - they get rewarded with mortar strikes and bombing runs  - again at the spawn or at objective points... so there can be maps where all you do is spawn and die. With a lot of smoke grenades and coordinated team work - it's possible to over come some of the deficiencies - but that is hard to do with people you don't know. Already - there are a lot of players who have ranked up to the most powerful weapons and have learned how to take advantage of those map deficiencies. You get a couple of guys like that on one side and they will simply just own the game - and you aren't going to have any fun.

I'd like to see  the weapons a little less powerful, a little more recoil, and the maps have a few more options for creating a strategy that gives both teams a chance.

HelenBACK

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:08 pm
Great game. Singleplayer was short, but it was still longer than MoH Airborne, and a heck of a lot better than the newer call of duty games.

I think the multiplayer is just about perfect. Almost no bugs so far, it runs excellent, and the gameplay is very very fun. I'd go into more depth, but I'm kinda busy right now. Razz

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:14 pm
I've only played on line an hour or so - but I'm tending to agree with HelenBack - it is really hard when you're playing guys who have ranked - I  think my K/D was 3/28 and many times I was killed the instant I spawned or within a step or two - mostly by snipers with the BFG :>)  The graphics are great - haven't played in 3D yet. More after several more hours of being cannon fodder!!

Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:51 pm
Personally i like the game. But i only bought it to hold me over till BO comes out. Its fun but i agree wth mister mad t gets borig fast.