Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Brink: Excerpt from VideoGamer Review

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:22 pm
Hi all, for those interested in Brink (released today), I found this interesting and wanted to share with those, like me, that enjoy the team/objective based gameplay.

"In an especially nice touch, Brink dishes out XP for completing objectives and for landing bullets as opposed to scoring the killing shot, a masterful system that makes the likes of Call of Duty and Battlefield seem positively archaic in comparison. The experience system is perfectly attuned to promote intelligent team play, and with no screen detailing kill and death ratios the onus is very much on the performance of the team rather than its individual players."

I haven't received my copy yet (arriving today) to share my thoughts, but the full review from VideoGamer (based on pre-launch game code) is below.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/brink/review.html

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:22 pm
A cautionary word about reviews for brink. All of them are based on the xbox variant of the game, and apparent there were many issues with that version that were not observed in the ps3 it pc versions at recent gaming conventions.  There is a large launch patch supposedly to fix these issues, but who knows.

Just reinforces what I've always said. Take any official review with a 10 pound grain of salt.

SSG.Braxis*BK*

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:51 pm

Braxis wrote (View Post):

A cautionary word about reviews for brink. All of them are based on the xbox variant of the game, and apparent there were many issues with that version that were not observed in the ps3 it pc versions at recent gaming conventions.  There is a large launch patch supposedly to fix these issues, but who knows.

Just reinforces what I've always said. Take any official review with a 10 pound grain of salt.

SSG.Braxis*BK*

I here ya, the reviews I've seen thus far are not real good; but like you I realize reviews are just one persons 'opion'.  I'm glad I bought through amazon.com (hardcopy); still in shrink wrap in case I want to return.
The other thing is, sounds like the solo campaign is a rough go but the game shines in co-op/multiplay, which is fine but doesn't seem to be much interest here at bk.  If a Brink universe doesn't develop, then the end is nigh...

Have you played yet? what are your thoughts?

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:59 pm
I just got home from a half week of work (I work on a Commercial boat, so I'm away from home 4 days at a time).

I'll load it up today, and should have one of my reviews up by tonight or tomorrow morning (depending on how much it sucks me in Razz)