Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

No Rentable Black Ops 2 Dedicated Servers...

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:37 am
Luke, thanks for the heads-up. Karow, you're sure right about the PC gaming being pocket change. I'm not sure what the chunk is on the percentage circle, but it's sad that we are considered so unimportant.
Medal of Honor Warfighter here I come.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:46 am
Thx for the informative post Luke. I've jumped the gun before pre-ordering so I've learned my lesson. Wasn't planning on getting game and now any chance at all is over. You can find me in W@W and Black Ops from time 2 time. Karow I think with Medal of Honor(although I like) I'm gonna wait to see if our clan gets involved with it. I know the last time we did, the support just wasnt there from members and BK. Like any game though now I'm gonna take a wait n see approach..Happy Hunting Boys...!! Very Happy

Locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver......
7th Engineers "C" CO.1stFSSG Camp Pendleton..ONCE..ALWAYS 86-92
Alpha Company 2nd BN 151st INF ARNG Indiana 11-15
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:14 am
Was not planning on getting it, but was not totally against it till now. Thanks for the heads up.
WILL NOT BE GETTING IT NOW FOR SURE.

Vrai A La Fin

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:15 am
Well at least I don't have to buy this game now. Unfortunately it has to be this way , I hope that BK can get involved in other games out there that we can run our rules in and have a fun , fair game.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 am
That has certainly made my mind up for me. Thanks for the info. BOPS2 goes on the back burner. W@W and BOPS1 for me.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:47 pm
I have already taken that week off from work!  Now what?!!?!?!?!

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:48 pm
Pastordan....jump on blackops1 for the week! Lol Smile

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:21 am
I sure hope my wife has not pre-ordered it yet for my birthday.  No controlled servers = no game for me.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:55 am
Just wondering but what dose "increased technical requirements, licensing restrictions, and technology dependencies." mean exactly? Is this a lame excuse or is it legit?

As for getting it. I'm still not sure since it looks so good. Especially zombie Smile

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be evil.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:22 pm
MOH Warfighter pre-ordered 2 days ago. From what I read they are even letting the console players have dedicated servers, and unlike BF3 they MAY BE putting in spectate mode.
Can hope this game is as good as it looks.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:48 pm
I am rethinking that I might buy Black Ops 2 for one and only one reason...ZOMBIES!!!

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:51 pm

PastorDan wrote (View Post):

I am rethinking that I might buy Black Ops 2 for one and only one reason...ZOMBIES!!!

Dangit, we really need a "Like" button.  Smile

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:08 pm
I'm torn
I really like Black Ops, but would only enjoy playing it on a good crouch server.

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:59 pm
Dedicated servers are a staple of PC gaming, which is why it was so jarring when Modern Warfare 2 completely omitted them. Thankfully, that won’t be the case with the PC version of Black Ops 2, which will make use of dedicated servers.

The news comes from Treyarch’s Cesar Stastny, who tweeted over the weekend that Black Ops 2 will use dedicated servers for ranked games. This is a step up from Modern Warfare 3, which only employed them for unranked matches. Unfortunately, dedicated servers have only been confirmed for the PC version of Black Ops 2 – sorry PS3, Xbox 360 and (possibly) Wii U players.

Terremark Hosted Server

Need a Server? Push a Button. Cloud Computing For The Enterprise!
www.Terremark.com/HostedServer

Start Download

Download Now Free Games Get Started!
www.Download.freezbgames.com

Ads by Google

Dedicated servers have their drawbacks, but ultimately they provide a better connection than P2P hosting, in which the quality of a match is determined by the host’s internet connection. Dedicated servers also give players much more flexibility (look at the Star Wars mod for Call of Duty 4). Treyarch’s Mark Lamia expressed last month that his company was unsure about using dedicated servers for Black Ops 2, as this flexibility can sometimes lead to cheating. Ultimately, it’s a risk PC gamers are willing to take, since it saves them from having to go through host migration on account of frustrated players rage quitting.

pcdev@pcdev

Confirmed: Ranked Dedicated Servers for #BlackOps2

15 Jun 12 Reply
Retweet
Favorite

In addition to that bit of good news, Stastny also revealed that players who pre-order Black Ops 2 through Steam will receive a bonus. The bonus has not been announced, but it probably won’t be a physical item like those already revealed. At this time, the game’s Steam page does not have any special offers advertised.

With any luck, Black Ops 2 will prove to be a breath of fresh air for the Call of Duty franchise. While the shooting looks familiar, the game’s emphasis on choice, as well as its new strike force missions, should help convince some burned-out players to give Black Ops 2 a chance — and the announcement of dedicated servers can only be seen as a good thing by the PC gaming community.

PFC.Abadshot-BK-A
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 pm
But we will still not be able to control them. Dedicated adn ranked, yes - but Trey arch will "admin" them. Technically better than MW3, but it's still free iced cream with feces on top.

I keep seeing repeated comments from the Treyarch folk that "yes, BO2 has dedicated servers!", but they fail to mention the shameful details. Makes me wonder if that guy that conducted teh interview/article in the first post had no asked about the detail, how long it would take to get them.. maybe even too late for pre-order cancellations. I was looking at the Cartoon Generals forums and someone polled other clans about their stats on BO2, and the "Will not get it" camp was in the hundreds.

So, so lame....

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --