Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

SOUND

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:44 pm
My sound quit in BO just in Mulity...BO game and other's it's ok. Just when I go online. I have test my speakers and sound ion the control panel....ok there...

Have done everything I know to do..which is not much............... Rolling Eyes Any idea(s)

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 am
Hey, Name-Ranger!, Just yesterday, we were wondering where you've been.

On to business:

Maybe your game install is fudged. Open your Stem window, right-click Black Ops Multiplayer. On the new window, click the Local Files tab, then click the "Verify Integrity of Game Files". This will scan your game files and replace any that are corrupted or missing.

In your taskbar (likely at bottom-right in Windows), right-click the little speaker icon and select "Open Volume Mixer". Make sure non of those are muted or turned all the way down. Once Black Ops is launched, Windows will add an additional voluem slider in this Volume Mixer. It will use your current 'Speakers' volume slider for reference.

And of course, make sure your in-game Master Volume isn't set too low.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:44 pm
I done all that and checked 3 times to be sure. This is diving me nuts (yea I know a short trip huh? Razz )

Been playing Cyrus 2 Max Edition bought it during that $9.99 deal with steam. Got all the Cyrus. Look's like this one might for x-box and PSP only. No mention for PC yet................. Sad

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:54 pm
Hm.

Start the game, then once it's loaded, ALT-Tab back to windows and bring up the Volume Mixer again. Black Ops should have its own volume slider, so make sure that is not muted or turned all the way down. Like I said, it  should use the System Volume level for reference, but you may as well make sure.

Some audio-related application can add new software/emulated audio devices to your system. So right-click  your speakers icon once more and select 'Playback Devices'. Your Speakers should be set as the default device - you can tell this from there being a little green checkmark beside the device name.

Or you can always try a uninstall/re-install of the game. Now that I think of it, I recently heard another person saying that their Black Ops has no audio, but every other game and program does...

When did this problem start, anyway? Have you updated your audio drivers lately?

Hope some of this helps. For me, the audio is half the experience, and no having it would drive my bonkers, too.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:26 pm
I have re-insalled game and did the vetify....I'll try the other next......sound works in all other of my games on and off line... Rolling Eyes

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:55 pm
OK it was me had set wrong for sound, only for that game for online  Embarassed THANK'S for help..SORRY! for wasting your time..

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:22 pm
Ah, no worries. Just glad you got it working.

Threads like this are never a waste: there may come a time when someone else has similar issues and can look to these for help.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:55 pm
Ok Abram...THANKS AGAIN   Very Happy