MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Crouch servers - Complaints happening already

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:39 pm
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:58 pm
This should be interesting.  At one point someone says "All servers must abide by the Rules of Conduct and servers enforcing "crouch only" or limiting weapons etc will be taken down by the server providers until the owner removes the limitation." But I really cant see that being a true statement.  We(BK) rent a server. We(BK) pay for the server. We(BK) monitor the server.

That being said, this is an discussion that has been going since the beginning of Multi-player games.  I doubt it will end anytime soon.  Lets just all go back to sitting in the front yard, drinking adult beverages and shooting empty cans with sling shots.   Twisted Evil

Which actually sounds fun right now.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:10 pm
From what I read of the ToS, we can enforce any gameplay rules we want EXCEPT limiting weapons. Other than that it's our server.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:15 pm

Watjalukinat wrote (View Post):

From what I read of the ToS, we can enforce any gameplay rules we want EXCEPT limiting weapons. Other than that it's our server.

This is what I gather as well

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:24 pm
Its troubling to see this. Dice had always said people who pay for the servers can run it anyway they want.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:03 pm
I don't see why people care. After all there so many servers and there has to be a server to suit everyone preference in game style so whats the big deal?

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be evil.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:38 pm
It's people who don't like someone being able to tell them what to do.

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:27 am
To sum it up...If you don't like OUR server rules...play on another server.
That's what I gathered from the BF3 Forum.

TwoFour

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:48 am

Watjalukinat wrote (View Post):

It's people who don't like someone being able to tell them what to do.

Xbox kiddies.

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:52 am
The Battlefield RoE most likely does not have anything to do with MoH. Just to be sure, I would probably talk to EA support and make sure you guys read the Battlefield RoE. I know that it was heavily enforced for BF2 on servers that were reported. I do know that I helped get a few of the stat padding servers shut down. I don't know that "Crouch Only" would violate the Battlefield RoE but there also wasn't any crouch servers in BF2 that I remember.

My clan was able to put restrictions in our BF2 server like wait lines for vehicles, the way uncaps could be attacked, single seating choppers, etc. We regularly had EA reps defending our servers in our forums as well as theirs. Check it with EA and if they say you are in the clear then you will have nothing to worry about.

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:39 am
I noticed in that thread that an "official" said noted that if crouch rules are enforced, the server would be closed until those special rules were removed. This is pretty lame, and I hope they ease up on it. Since I find run & gun pretty boring, I doubt I'll be playing Warfighter in the future.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:44 am

Abram wrote (View Post):

I noticed in that thread that an "official" said noted that if crouch rules are enforced, the server would be closed until those special rules were removed. This is pretty lame, and I hope they ease up on it. Since I find run & gun pretty boring, I doubt I'll be playing Warfighter in the future.

That's the thing though, crouch isn't listed in the RoC.  True it could fall under "other"  but since there is no abuse I doubt they would want to risk alienating/losing more customers.

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:07 pm
In my opinion the maps small sizes, encourage run and gun anyway. I hope the game has something other than team deathmatch as that also encourages the run and gun play style (hurry to get the most kills) Smile . Like Trygar said check with EA and lets have some fun !

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:46 pm
It's all about MONEY! If they start taking down servers for crouching they will lose money from the servers, and players that like crouch won't buy there games anymore. I find it funny that all the players I see  complain are not BK members and don't in anyway contribute to our clan.

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:57 pm

TIPSTERHARLEY wrote (View Post):

It's all about MONEY! If they start taking down servers for crouching they will lose money from the servers, and players that like crouch won't buy there games anymore. I find it funny that all the players I see  complain are not BK members and don't in anyway contribute to our clan.

They aren't complaining about our servers anyway, since we don't have a MOH crouch server.  Also, we of all clans prove most of their arguments wrong.  Since a lot of our players switch back and forth between play styles depending on the game we are playing.