Need Help with my headset Mic.

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 pm
Lame.

Have a look-see at these threads:

im looking to buy some new headphones

Need some feed back on headsets

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:03 am
The "Roccat Kave 5.1 looks nice....But I have always gone with the "Sennheiser pc 161 or pc  166. They sound AMAZING.....So I think I'm going to stick with the Sennheiser.......Thank you for your help....

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:16 am
Yes Sennheiser make some awesome headsets. I have a wireless set and the battery lasts almost 20 hours, with a 4 hour recharge. But I have to suggest some 5.1 headsets. They are pretty sweet. If i was to spend aroudn #2300, I'd get teh high end Trittons, or the Astros mentioned in those threads.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:54 am
OK, I fully agree with you about getting a headset that supports 5.1   I  looked at the "Roccat Kave 5.1" but in reviews that I watched on said head phone, I just would rather pass. Plus it's around 175.00 and right now Amaxon has a sale on the Sennheiser pc 360 where in my opinion this head set is the best. I's going for 179.00 NEW and one used one for  135.00. I just don't have the funds right now for that head set. Or I can shave off a few bucks and go ahead and get it. Do you know of any other 5.1 head sets that are GOOD that are not that expensive??

The Two Most Important Days In Are Life Are The Day We Were Born And The Day You Find Out Why.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:26 am
Abram,
I was just looking at the "CM Storm Sirus - 5.1" Headset. Very good reviews, and it's 125.00 which is a little more manageable then 175.00+ Headsets....Ideas?

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:06 am
Wow, I only paid $80 for my Kave set, regularly $110 CAD...

Yes those Storms were one i was also looking at.. can't remember why they got pushed down the list, but for my sub-$125 price range, it was the Kaves or the Tritton PC510's. One thing to be wary of when looking is that a lot of supposed "surround" headsets use simulated surround, and do not have separate channels and speakers. But those Storms do. If you cannot get a hold of a set in person, do what I did and read all the users reviews you can; look for consistencies in the high and low points and try to make a judgment call. I'd tell you to find one with an optical connection (TOSLink) but I only recall seeing ones that use analogue or coaxial, and/or USB connections.

Good that you already have a decent audio card to go with them - I found the mine to be pretty lame with my onboard.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:39 am
Yep, I totally understand about true 5.1 and simulated 5.1 thus is why I go to youtube and watch reviews of said headsets....I'll look at the others that you have here and get back to yuo....

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:17 pm
Hey Abram,
Right now I have the Sennheiser PC 161. There ok, but can not handle the base or low tones. The highs are much different. So what I'm looking at here is a new head set that is true 5.1 or 7.1 that can easily handle both the very lows and very highs. I looked at the Trittion 510 and the Roccat Kave 5.1. I believe if I do go for another then I have now except if I can turn over around 200.00 for the Sennheiser 360's (In my opinion the top or one of the top) I'll go with the Kave's....Thoughts??

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:59 pm
The Tritton AX-something model had a coaxial connection, and apparently the audio quality is excellent. But since it was out of my price range, I didn't really look into it much deeper.

I can't blame ya for wanting to stick with Sennheisers, but surround audio in gaming is pretty freaking sweet. Of course, the channel separation isn't as good as with actual speakers, but after a bit of gaming, you can easily and naturally hear where gunfire, explosions, and footsteps are coming from. Much like the move to multi-monitor, it's nigh impossible to go back. For me, at elast.

I cannot tell you what to get, just to suggest you read, read, read.

That being said, I've had my Kaves for about 10 months and I'm still very happy with them. Since sticking 2mm foam pads to the outer headband pads, I sometimes forget I have them on - I've had to set up a chunk of steel holding the slack in teh cord that falls if I try to leave my PC while still wearing them. Gives me a warning sound.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:14 pm
Well I thank you Very much for you your help and input. I'll get back to you when I finally pick up one of the headsets mentioned.....