Wed May 08, 2024 4:32 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Tac Day(s) for Black Ops... Whatcha think??

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:55 am
Yes, i still enjoy Black Ops quite a bit, but thinking of mixing it up a bit, and stealing some ideasds from W@W Tac Days.

No blind fire (confirm targets)
No Launchers (tubes, RPG, china lake. LAW and Strela for choppers & planes)
No Second Chance.
Maybe aimed fired only - no hipfire? I'm on the fence about this one.

How easy is it to disable killstreaks? I'd like that, too. woudl also be easier to ditch the LAWs that way

Regular crouch rules, all other weapons allowed.

Maybe start with Tuesdays, see how it goes.

Opinions? I figure that if people like it, it'll go pretty mcuh like the Shotgun Friday events, where it'll take a few weeks to the regular players to settle into it.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:58 am
There is two things there that are impossible to enforce in black ops the aimed only fire and no blind fire. It just to hard to enforce. Not enough BK play the game and the graphics make it to hard to see if they are really sighted up or not.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:00 am
I agree what Luke says about aimed fire. But I still think this is a great idea. Why dont we do a barebone night in blops, which is no attachments on guns or killstreaks. Much more tactical.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:50 am
Oh ya forgot about barebones mode. Still, I'd like anti-spamming rules like no blind explosives or wall-spamming - both pretty easy to spot.

I'd also prefer to keep it TDM. I'd like to toss in CTF, if it were possible, but my understanding is that unless one manually sets the game mode for every match, it's single mode, or mixed. Correct?

Maybe just try it from 1600 to 0000 EST or something, and see how it goes. My next day off work is Thursday, I believe. Not sure about next week.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:26 pm
The only thing I would like to see is NO pistols outside, main weapon only. Try to get rid of people using the over powered python. But for the rest I am game and will help monitor.
Can't this Thursday as I pulled a 12 hour for that day.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 pm
For a ranked blops sever there's not much we can do. I cant even flip a map so it has to be TDM or mixed mode. For no blind nades and walling your going to turn it into a camp fest. From that prospective I would keep it simple and see how it goes and then if its a hit with the pubbies then maybe bring in another rule. I stress you listen to what the pubbies like too cause without them you wont have anyone to play with.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:56 pm
I play BO very little but enough for me to "tell ya what I think".

PISTOL WALKING SHOULD BE ALLOWED AND SHOTGUNS ALL DAY IS TOO MUCH. SHOTGUN WITHOUT SOME OTHER KIND OF GAME PLAY to me is boring.

I think BO is a great game too but I just cant get ampped on something that I cant really get a whole lot of practice on.

end of rant.

REFORM

PEOPLE FEAR.........what they dont understand.
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:03 pm
After reading the posts, I agree with Luke and Johnny on the matter of "KEEPING IT SIMPLE".

8)

REFROM

PEOPLE FEAR.........what they dont understand.
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 am
Okay I'm up for simple to start. Yes, getting feedback from the guests is certainly important. People generally seem to like Shotgun Friday as it is. (though I must admit that I'm getting sick of it). But having short range weapons really changes how one has to play.

So I guess we'll jsut start with bareboens, regular crouch rules. I'm let post when i know when I'm off next next week. I guess one ncie thing is that turning it into breboens requires little in way iof new console messages: just something like "Welcome to Barebones ***day, ending at 12am EST"

Personally, I'd hate to see pistol walking on Black Ops, as i dislike it on W@W. THe pistols are very strong in teh COD games and pistol walking is far to fast. Com bine it with the Python or .44, and I feel it's unfair; one shot kills wheil moving very quickly. I feel it has no place in Hardcore mode. WBut this is why i love the Tac Days on W@W. Smile Not that I'm saying the rules should change r anything - just my opinion.

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:35 am
So how about Monday? 1600-2359 EST?

Johnny, will you be around to run console messages for that time? I was thinking maybe something like "Welcome to Barebones Night, 16:00 - 00:00 EST.", and maybe an invite for feedback on the forums, along with the site address.

IIf people like it enough and are open to more Bareboens days, I'd still love to have no blind nades/bullets rule. Other servers use these rules and a majority of our regular guests play on them, and are familiar with the concept.

Er,  Sunday would be alright too.

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:30 pm
I am definitely in favor of NOT imposing a "blind nade" or "hip fire" restriction. I have seen more servers devolve into screaming matches over whether or not someone saw someone's head, fire, foot prior to lobbing a nade. There is absolutely no way to enforce this without someone getting wrongfully accused at some point (full disclaimer - I've been wrongfully kicked several times for blind nading on other servers).

As for hip fire - the only way to guarantee not shooting from the hip when being caught by surprise is to walk, crouched and sighted all over the map. Both tedious and hard to enforce. Finally - the "walling" issue is also something that causes lots of fights. I've shot people who were peeking over a wall and accidentally clipped the wall pretty good too - only to get into an argument over which bullet killed them - the one above the wall or through it.

I agree that some mixed mode games (CTF, S&D, etc) and going barebones might be a nice change of pace.

-HelenBack

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:42 pm
Abram you pick the day and time then I will do my part and set the sever up for you. I also would like u to set a bind up letting the pubbie's know what day and time this event will happen, this will help out greatly in getting people in to try it.

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:37 am
Monday it is, then. 1800-2359. I'll shove it on the calendar.