Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

Prestige in W@W

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 pm
What's the deal with the 10 prestige levels?  Is it worth it?  What do you get?  I know the basic concept of everything being reset, and starting from level 1...but is it worth it?  I think I'd rather have
the full range of weapons and perks to practice with and master.  Comments?

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:49 pm
from what i understand when you prestige you unlock another "slot" where you can store your builds  that is as far as I got ...

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 pm
Depends on what you want Choate.  Some people like the fact that they have the highest prestige symbol next to their name.  Others really want the custom weapon slots/builds.  I think for every 2 prestiges you attempt, it will unlock another slot up to an addtional 5 for a total of 10 weapon slots/builds.  Other than that, there isn't any advantage, since you will basically start over with all your weapons and perks that you have unlocked previously.  So, it would be a matter of what you want (extra slots) versus what you need (practice and master).

Taz

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 pm
That's pretty much what I thought...not too concerned about the "prestige"...5 weapon slots are fine for me now.  Thanks!

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:50 am
I don't really play enough W@W to make prestiging worth the effort, plus it takes a pretty long time (for me). But I did it right to the last one on Black Ops, since I got bored with having nothing to build on... Eh, do it - its nice to be challenged again.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:07 pm
Prestige can be a fun challenge but takes several weeks of a lot of playing to get there. Some guys only use only 2 "kits" and play GREAT.  You get 1 new kit for each time you prestige until you get to the higher levels. Above 8 or 9 kits , is when you have to do it  twice. I personally like to have at leat 7 kits available which means prestiging (word?) at least twice, 8 is really good. This is because some kits I use only for 1 map. I also like to have options depending on who I am playing agains't. If Iam  playing a guy who is using a flamethrower (usually small map), then i will use a non sniper kit with betties, because he can't have bomb squad AND flamethrower perk at same time, but how often do I really need this...not much. I like to have 4 different Bomb squad kits (at least) M1 carbine extended mag, m1 carbine aperture sight, STG Aperture, and KAR98, but I prefer pushing most maps. Having all these kits saves leaving the game and coming back, which may not be possible if server full. .It really depends on YOU though. Stingray used pretty much just 1 kit and did GREAT. Bags uses mostly 2 betties and Scoped M1 Garand and also does well. Also, if you get bored/ tired of ranking up, you can always go to the rank up server to complete ranking , under Search and Destroy "ARCHON Rank up server"(just follow the rules or you will get kicked/banned). I have prestiged a LOT , mostly cuz I get bored with the game when not doing it, but hey, I like the challenge and getting those promotions popping up as well  :)

p.s. After you reach level 16 you get Bomb Squad and level 24 you get betties, allowing you to do pretty good, which is not that hard to get to (I can get to level 21 in about 1 day). Your game skill is the REAL determining factor. Agains't the the better competition , like at prime time , it helps to have the high end weapons (M1 carbine and STG)

Last edited by BoltAction on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:01 pm
There is a "Fast rank" server named Achron Fast Rankup on the server list, it's S&D and always on the map "Dome" You go german and kill red army, the red army stay at spawn, and the germans kill them, the red army then instantly respawn, it's like a cycle, however, you should get deaths as red army before going german.

First come, first serve'

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:49 pm
you get more spots for kits pretty much, it is helpful for matches and crouch days.

PFC.Abadshot-BK-A
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:30 pm
most people go to the rank up server to get there lvl's up faster but me i rather take my time and get better with the guns i dont do so good with lol just me i guess

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:22 pm
I was thinking of doing the Prestige thing again but it would just give me one more slot. I don't use all the slots I have for the most part so I don't think it's worth the bother for me to do it.

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:56 pm
I'm with you SKULLY86, i rather earn my ranks than go there. It's sometimes frustrating, but for me there's no other way.

Right now, i got one more prestige to go so i can get that 10th custom slot, but i'm thinking about it.