Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

War Thunder

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:40 pm
War thunder is an airplane MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) with plane ages ranging from in between world wars (such as the p26 peashooter) to late WW2/ early Korean War planes (such as the MiG-15 or F-86).

The game itself is free and in open beta. Take note that there are only two servers right now and they are in Europe and Russia, so BK members in NA and Australia will have higher pings than normal (mine is usually somewhere between 100-120ms and I get around 50ms on our WaW)

Warthunder does have services that use real money but it only boils down to Pay2GrindLess, in addition to premium planes (which are usually planes that may have been captured or borrowed by another nation, such as the Japanese can get a Fw-190 or the Germans can get the Spitfire). These premium planes can still be obtained from their own nations and are really no different than their premium variant.

Combat:
Combat is centered around two game modes (from what I've seen). They are Ground Attack and Domination.
In ground attack, the goal is to destroy all of the enemies ground targets, which number between 40-75 targets, and can range from AAA and pillboxes to cruisers and aircraft carriers.
In domination, the goal is to capture the airfields by briefly landing on them. The team that controls fewer airfields slowly loses points. Additional points are lost if ground units are destroyed.

When you join the battle que, you choose your nation and the people you fight with and against are chosen based off of your highest ranked plane. When you are shot down in combat, you can choose another plane from the nation you selected that hasn't been shot down and join back into the fray. The games are 15 vs 15.

Speaking of nations:
There are five nations to choose from. They are America, Germany (which also includes some Italian), UK (which also includes Australia and I think France), USSR, and Japan. If you want the advantages of each just PM me or ask while me while on TS.

I have read that they are planning to add in more planes (such as the Superfortress and the P. 1101). Also I believe they are going to add armored and naval aspect to the game as well.

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:50 pm
Sounds interesting for those who enjoy flight simulation.
Thanks for the info!

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:13 pm
I've played it. I was telling a few in TS last night about it. It is a lot of fun, but Every1butme is right about the pay to grind less part.  Having a premium account is huge in the game as you will rank up faster and get more Lions(game money) per game. The higher the XP and Lions you have, the more planes open up for you to purchase. Game is fun and can be played without a flight stick. Mouse and Keyboard work fine. I would post a link to a video of a RL friend of mine who plays so you can see the smoothness of which it handles, but his mouth is far from P.C.. You can look him up your self on YouTube if you want though. His name is ORYG1N.

Dr.D.

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:50 am
Airplanes?  Mr. Green
Reggie like airplane!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:09 am
Its a great game. Add "TheVikingWarrior" if you want to play with meh

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:05 am
MY name is every1butme in the game if you guys want to add me

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:43 pm
You know what my name is... come find me!

RadBaron

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:46 am
World of Warplanes is better than war thunder. Also makes them a company that makes World of Tanks. World of Warplanes is now at the stage of open beta.