Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

New Camaro

Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:29 pm
Got called to the local Chevy dealer, they got their first camaro delivered and wanted some parking lot shots before the guy came and picked it up. Hoping to get one in the studio soon and do it right. This one was an automatice, RS, not the SS, but fun to check out anyway.

Below is one of the 'parking lot' shots........

Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:06 am
I've seen a few of those running around KC, and haven't made up my mind whether or not I really like them. I was a 4th gen owner, (a 1998 and a 2000 at one time) and really truly loved that styling, even if it was a bit on the bland side comparatively to the Pontiac's version, the Trans Am WS6 and Firebird. I'd really love to see the interior to the new camaro, and see if it's everything I'm hoping for.

Did you get to look at it up close, or just take some distance photos? Is it plasticy and GM-like? lol.

Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:32 am
Close up, very close up. Did a whole series inside and out.
I shoot vettes all the time so I use that as my standard and this is ALOT lower quality than that. I was kinda disappointed to see several things. The seats are very nice with a cool design, the fabric on the RS version left a bit to be desired though. The dash is solid and well designed with retro style speedo and tach. Back seat is a book catcher and not much else. Visibility through the windshield is very low and reminds me of sitting in a chop top. The visors are about 3 inches tall as anymore would interfere with your vision. You sit very low in relation to the door and I can't imagine anybody could drive with their elbow on the door.
The engine has a very plasticy cover over the whole top end and the engine compartment is a very shallow depth (about the size of an s10 truck if that's any reference).
They put it on a lift for me so I could work the underside and it seemed to me that they cut alot of corners there. The rear susp. parts all look to be stamped/folder steel, painted not powder coated. Exhaust is a simple dual running into an interesting 'flat pack' muffler system that looked like a totally new design to me. The rear valance is cheap and plasticy and has a lip on the inside that will be a mud catcher. Front spoiler is only 1" tall and pretty much non-existant. Brack calipers on the model I looked at looked undersized as well as the rotors and one of the rotors, even though on a new car, was scored pretty deeply already. Rubber boot on shift lever in transtunnel looked to have no insulation and I would guess will end up being a source of great heat and noise. Steering parts looked very small to me. Keep in mind that with new engineering and possibly new materials, the apparent sizes of these things might be just fine, I'm just using my past experience as a reference.
The side louvers on the rear quarters are non-functioning and are simply embossed in the panel....bummer, I thought they'd at least punch them out and put a nice grill behind them.
I think it's a nice car, if nothing else for the cool factor......At the price points they're talking it's probably a good value.

That's my .02