Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

alpha access

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:07 pm
Anybody else get the alpha access starting tomorrow??

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:49 pm
can't even get onto the battlelog today ;-(

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:50 pm
Nope sadly I did not.

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:19 pm
How did you go about getting it starting tomorrow?

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:13 pm
Got my notice today.

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:57 pm
Yes received the invite today.

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:35 pm
You just get selected at random,  I guess im lucky i got the alpha invite in bf3 too.

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:43 am
yep - i got the Alpha invite also...

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:10 pm
Me neither Sad

SMACKY - MOLON LABE
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:49 pm
I didn't get anything

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:08 pm
I got the email, but download hasn't shown up. Their customer service is a joke, don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Hidden: 
Ashish: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Ashish. How may I assist you today?
you: Probably the same thing you've dealt with all day. I received the email invite, but no game to download.
Ashish: Thank you for telling your issue.
Ashish: Please recheck the e mail if it is for Beta.
you: No it says Alpha Trial
Ashish: Please visit this link. It might help you to resolve your issue.
Ashish: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654490295311425
you: Yes, I have read that. I have checked My Games LIbrary and nothing to download.
Ashish: Actually this is a random selection.
Ashish: That is why most of the gamers are not able to get the Beta access.
you: I realize that. What i'm saying, is that I have the email saying I was selected. However, when I go to my games library there is nothing new to download despite it telling me there would be.
you: BATTLEFIELD 4 BATTLEFIELD 4 Hello, As a highly dedicated Battlefield player, we're enlisting you to join the Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial. The purpose of this trial is to perform a number of server-related tests in preparation for game launch, plus to garner your feedback on the new game. The Alpha Trial version of the game will be available to download in your Origin "My Games library" on June 17. The trial will run for two weeks, with the game available for testing between 18:00 - 00:00 CET (09:00 - 15:00 PDT) each day. You have been specifically selected for this trial because of your experience with the Battlefield series, and because you have opted-in to receive all Battlefield communications. Please note that this is a highly tech-focused, white-boxed Alpha Trial that does not represent final quality of the game. Most of the level textures will be white (except Soldiers and Vehicles), and performance at this early stage of development will be potentially choppy, with possible issues such as server lag and downtime. If you choose to join this trial, you must agree to not publicly post information, images or videos from the game, or your impressions of the game itself. We have set up a closed Alpha Trial forum specifically for this purpose - see below for details. Everyone here at DICE looks forward to your participation and feedback!
Ashish: Thank you for providing it.
Ashish: I understand that you have got the e mail but as the selection is made randomly we also cannot do anything in it.
you: Ok, so now I'm confused. Randomly sent emails, then among those, randomly selected participants?
you: The link you sent me, suggests that only the email invitation are random. Which I received.
Ashish: I can understand but they have choose the gamers.
Ashish: If you are e legible you will automatically connected to it.
you: So, you sent me an email to say that I have been selected. Only I wasn't selected. Funny too, because the others who have had this problem on the forums indicated that they got a different response. " i have been told that my alpha email was legit (from Battlefield [at] em.ea [dot] com) and that there is a problem and it is being being "worked on" with no ETA and all i/we can do is wait." Guess, I'll wait another hour and talk to another CSR.
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to joshglisson [at] gmail [dot] com at the end of your chat session.
Ashish: Yes like I said if you have been selected you will be automatically entitled to it.

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:37 am
UPDATE:

Just now received an email that said:

You are now able to download the Alpha Trial Version of Battlefield 4 from the "My Games Library" section on Origin. We apologize for the initial access issues.

It is currently downloading as we speak.

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:14 am
I got the email this morning.
My only issue is that it takes FOREVER to download here in Australia.
If I start downloading now, I may have it in time for the release of the full game in October!!!  Smile