Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Switching cell coverage, want recommendations

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:57 pm
Currently have AT&T with 2 iphones grandfathered on the the unlimited data plans. Have 2 other lines, one standard and one with limited data plan.
I am looking at switching to another carrier to save money. What i need will be a family plan, 4 lines, with at least 2gb data per line, unlimited txt, local and long distance phone calls.

Any recommondations on service and price would be appreciated.

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:22 pm
Two recommendations first if you want really good coverage and services go with Verizon. My wife had AT&T when we got married and as we traveled I would often have much better coverage especially with data. She has been much happier with Verizon then AT&T.

Now if you are looking for cheap I would look at Walmarts Straight Talk unlimited program. Much cheaper plans and decent phones but your coverage will be similar to AT&Ts coverage but you will have to do almost everything on the phone when it comes to customer service.

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:28 pm
Currently we are on AT&T. The coverage is good for us, never really had problems with no signal except in some buildings.

It looks like contract plans, T-Mobile and Sprint might be the cheapest.

Any idea about using our current I-Phones on the prepaid plans?

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:43 pm
To say which coverage is the best, no one can over all say which is better or not.  Its all depending on where you live and how big the population is.  There is a balance that a lot ppl dont see.

When you see a cell tower you see the tall narrow repeaters on those towers.  Each one of those repeaters, I think can only support up to 1000 processes, weather it be 1000 ppl making a phone call, 1000 ppl using the internet or a combination of the two.

Sadly when you look at the tower, you have no way of know which carrier they belong to.  The best thing to do is ask local friends and neighbors what carriers they have and how they like their service.  From there you can determine who to go with.

As for cheap prices, Sprint and T-mobile have their unlimited plans for cheap, which is a nice thing to have.  For the most part, I heard the only reason they have those plans is to make up for their lack of coverage. But of course that is for my area.

I was with Sprint for 10 years and left them for AT&T.  But it was because the building I work in has a dedicated AT&T tower on top.

Beyond the service, you also want to know how well their customer service and tech support is rated.  The worse thing in the world, when your phone is busted, is to get someone on the phone that is reading from a script.

Personally, I found Sprint and T-mobile to have the worst CS out there.  Script readers.

Verizon, I have had limited contact with them in trying to help my mom with her service.  In my experience, they are pushers, if there is an issues, they like to blame it on the service plan you are on and trying to sell you on a higher plan, or additional equipment.  Dont get me started on them.

AT&T - I have worked with their CS a few times and each time Ive worked with them, either at a store or on the phone, they have always bent over backwards to get me going.  Not so much to get me to spend more, but to make sure what I have is working at its best.

Now Im sure everyone is going to have their own views and experiences.

So this is my 2 cents.

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:32 pm
I believe that Veriaon is best on coverage. But you pay for the data plans, about 30 bucks per line. They have no unlimited now. Depending what type of plan you go with, Verizon coutld run you around 300 or 400 a month. My wife I an have a phone each, 500 texts, she has 2Gs of data, I am grandfathered in on unlimited, and shared minutes 550. But unlimited to long and local calls, mobile to mobile. Our Plan runs about 200 a month.

Personally, I will stay with Verizon as I have never had coverage drop, except once in Nebraska, and only for a few minutes. And we do travel alot sometimes. As far as data goes. if you need unlimited, I would go with Sprint. Its just that their coverage stinks. Here in Pensacola, you can drop a call right in town with Sprint.

Vrai A La Fin

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:27 am
To be honest, I went to Straight talk, and been pretty happy. My phone runs on Verizon, but I only pay $45 a month for unlimited, calls/msgs/web

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:32 am
I've had no problems with Verizon. I have heard that the reason Sprint and AT&T are cheaper they are now charging full price on the phones. If transfer your phone and number you should good with either one price wise.

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:06 pm
Looking like it will be close to $250 a month. Just trying to get that down any way I can.

I have not had any problem with AT&T, but I never had any major issue that I needed them to fix.

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:23 pm
I use AT&T for 6 business phones and three personal ones. Everything else ,in this area anyway, doesn't work as well. YMMV