Yes c4
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
No c4
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:21 am
seeing if people think c4 should be allowed on shottie friday... some feel..including myself... that if c4 is allowed..so should the xbow....  i dont mind having no xbow...but throwable explosives arent allowed except for c4... seeing what people think

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:55 am
I like it he way it is. It is a popular event why change something that is working.

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:30 am
I brought this very thing up some time ago. I love C4, but since it can be tossed pretty far, i felt is sorta went beyond the 'short range' idea of Shotgun Friday. I got very little response...

I'd still say tat ditching it would be best, or maybe all explosives. But I'd not to see the crossbow, as it can fire so freaking far. But it'd be a tough change to implement after all this time.

On a somewhat-related topic, I've been thinking maybe we should keep the mixed mode carry over to Saturday, but keep the regular weapons rules. This more or less starts on most Saturday mornings, anyway. Folks seem to play, regardless.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --

Last edited by Abram on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:19 pm
Why change what is not broken is something I have always heard.

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:32 pm
Disable killstreaks.

Last edited by Tipster on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:08 pm
Yes C4 can be tossed far, but it is also great for protecting an objective.I belive if we did change Fridays it would be do drop anything that explodes. I also herd threw the team-speak vine that some of if not all the people that started Shotty Fridays are no longer involved in BK.{could be rumor i am new to BK} It would be nice if we could mix things up a little. A winter approaches, and i have less work and more time for clan, I hope to try and set up some Sniper only or magnum only (gun game all prone in BF3 LOL) games for a couple of hours just for some fun.

"Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days"

Franklin, Benjamin.
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:58 pm
some thoughts on shotgun friday.

I like the mixed mode gameplay, HATE the killstreaks!!!
How is being killed by a fully automatic weapon on a helicopter 200 yards in the air "short range"?
How is being killed by bombs being dropped from an airplane that cannot be shot down "short range"?
How is being killed by hell fire from the sky in the form of napalm death "short range"?
How is being killed by a remote control car with C4 strapped to it "short range"?
None of those things are a shotgun. (just sayin)
If the whole idea of being "short range" is what we are going for here, then I think the killstreaks should be eliminated, as should anything that explodes.
Make it a TRUE shotgun friday.
Make it so the ONLY weapon you can use is a shotgun or a knife.
flash bangs and smoke would also be acceptable in my opinion because they can be used in a tactical way and dont have any real killing power unless you get lucky and hit someone in the dome.

REFORM-BK-

PEOPLE FEAR.........what they dont understand.
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:51 am
I personally like shotgun Friday just the way it is killstreaks and c4. I don't use c4 but I don't have a problem if somebody else uses it or not. Killstreaks are a reward for not dying, so if you can get 11 or 12 kills more power to you.  I also like the mixed game play and would like to see it  carried over on Saturday.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:04 am
I'd also prefer to disable the Killstreaks. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure  the only way to disable Killstreaks altogether - AND keep the server Ranked -  would be to run it in Barebones mode, which would force the server into Softcore. No one wants that.  Program like Black Tomato and B3 are able to pull off such a feat, but it doesn't play nice with Badkon. Johnny tried running BT in an effort to get a Barebones Hardcore event going some time back, and the result is that Badkon didn't like it, and Badkon BlackOps was busted for about a week. Sure, we could always try to add 'No Killstreaks' as a rule, but that would a real pain to enforce.  Sicne it's only once a week, i simply make a shotgun kit with Ghost Pro and a Strela launcher, so if I know a killstreak is coming in, I equip it ASAP.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:40 am
I agree with REFORM

It would be nice to lose Kill streaks.
It would be nice to carry over mixed mode to Saturday.

"Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days"

Franklin, Benjamin.
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:07 am
I didnt say it was broken... but seems like BO doesnt get the attention that the other game servers do at times... many different play types on waw and BF3 has totally different rule sets from when i played... 1 reason i dont play it anymore... not asking if we should run shottie friday all the time... just trying to make it a little more even is all.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Abram wrote (View Post):

On a somewhat-related topic, I've been thinking maybe we should keep the mixed mode carry over to Saturday, but keep the regular weapons rules. This more or less starts on most Saturday mornings, anyway. Folks seem to play, regardless.

Saturday mornings have always been my favorite for BO.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:19 pm
please take the time to vote... this may have an impact on shottie friday.  
thanks all

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:31 pm
I agree with Reform's comment.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:38 pm
hey

I don't have a problem with the way it is now -except for the choppers and planes, id like to see BO ran like w@w but the way the game is built and the fact we are not able to turn off the planes or choppers without going to an unranked server and I just don't see that happening...now with that said----

if you want to change up BO with other events you can use the calendar to post different events its not hard to post them....get with your co's, cl's or Johnny

Bags