Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

My Top 5 Games for Busy Dads

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:18 pm
As a busy dad I often look for games that I can play in short bursts but still enjoy. Here are my top 5 games for busy dads looking for a game they can play and not have to worry if they need to step away for a few minutes.

Civilization V - This game is great for dads. The turn based play allows you to stand up and walk away whenever you need to. Civilization V is a deep game that allows you to play however you want from a diplomat to a warlord. You can conquer the world one turn at a time in between work calls or diapers.

Call of Duty Black Ops 1&2 - Looking for a shooter but don't have 30 minutes to finish one map? COD Black Ops maybe the game for you. The small maps and low player counts make for very short maps often less than 15 minutes. This is the perfect length to blow off some steam when you need a break.

MechWarrior Online - A classic game comes back as a free to play shootout with highly customizable mechs. This is an easy to get into game that allows you to hop right in op spend hours customizing your mech. Matches are short most lasting less than 10 minutes allowing you to control how long you play. Free is always great just be careful on the temptation to buy the quick upgrades.

Katamari Damacy - This is a crazy fun colorful game that is easy to pick up. You start off as a small ball and the more thinks you pick up the larger you get a d so are the objects you can pick up. Sounds simple but it really makes for a fun game with good music. This is the kind of game I can play with my daughter in the room with no fear. The bright colors and music makes it fun for her to watch as I get some gaming in.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2&3 - This is a great slightly quirky simulation game that allows you to take on the challenge of creating the best theme park in the world. Build your rides and shops then set your prices. Over all a simple and fun game that can take a bit to master but is great game to play for hours at a time or for just 20 minutes.

Portal 1&2 - This game combines a first person shooter with a puzzle game but it leans heavily on the puzzle side. This is a great action puzzle game that can challenge you without being impossible. Some puzzles you can solve in a few minutes others will take longer.

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:30 pm
Portal (1 and 2) Rocks!