Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Sound and TS problems

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:49 pm
So I just had a huge problem with my sound and so far I am unable to fix it.

I took home a USB microphone from work to use (as you all well know that I have broken 3 headsets and have been waiting for my forth from Santa). I have been dilegently on TS - listening, but not able to speak, hence the borrowing of the mic from work.

The first couple of days it worked fine, no issue.

Yesterday, when I logged something changed!

TS problems: On TS I can't hear anyone, yet people can hear me talk. I have fiddled with all the sounds options in TS and other the computer. The sound meter reflects that someone is talking, but no sound.

(tried: sound options in TS, sound options in W7 control panel, nothing)

BF4 problems: I can hear all the in game noise, but not PERSONAL noise. When I fire my gun it sounds like it is coming from someone else, I can't hear any personal sounds like reload or when my character talks when dropping ammo or saying something. It like my personal sound has been turned off by background and general game sounds are on.

NOTE: My computer sound seems fine - just TS and BF4.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Perhaps I should wait for Santa and my headset. In the meantime - if I am on TS - I might not be able to hear you - so you made need to poke me.

Regards...

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:11 pm
Do you have a seperate program to alter sound; in addition to windows I have a realtek audio manager that has some settings in it too. It should show up as an icon in the taskbar if not you might find it in the control panel.

The other thing I can think of is you might have to reconfigure your speakers in windows. Before if I unplug something of install a new driver it has reverted my sound config back to stereo and I have ss with 7 speakers. So that's another potential. Did you check the level tab on your windows sound properties? Or there might be a something checked or turned off in the enhancement or advanced tab? That's all I can think of.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:04 am
Did you select the new mic in TS?  For bf4 it sounds like you lost audio from your centre channel.  If your ts is set to Centre as well,  that could be your problem...

Set you speaks to 4 or stereo Windows.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:37 am
I would check the sound settings and levels for receiving and recording using the sound icon in your tray - bottom right corner.

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:53 pm
Thanks everyone - I was using my kid's headphones and a usb mic from work and was having all kinds of problems.

The good news is that I received a very nice Logitech G430 gaming headset from Santa and they work and sound great.
Amazing how much the game changes with good sound. These have some sort of surround sound and it certainly makes for some exciting game play.