Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Vote on removing Punkbuster from W@W. (READ BEFORE YOU VOTE)

Should we drop Punkbuster in W@W
Yes
76%
 76%  [ 35 ]
No
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 46

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:09 am
Voted yes, we can spot them I think and today if someone wanted to cheat they I think and only think they could buy a Pubk Buster proof cheat. The only one hard to spot I think is Aimbot. But I agree with others and better to deal with onesies and twosies than losing or not getting players in.

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:56 am
I vote to remove PB therefore bringing our number back up. The "hacking" part will unfortunately have to be dealt with when and if it happens

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:01 pm
when we remove it can we run some new maps

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:27 pm
I have no doubt we can spot the hackers when they arrive, with or without PB. My only concern is that BadKon kicks using PB, so will that still work for kicks?

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:27 pm
were always playing there and most of us know how to spot a cheater if the scores dont give it away enough so down with it goodby punkbuster

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:47 pm
I vote to remove PB. Our servers are very well monitored in game by members.

KarmaKaze

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:47 am
I have recently re-installed world at war, even though world at war is not on the list, it will still update the game because mine works just fine and W@W was not on the list of supported games, when you install the game, it asks you if you want to install punkbuster just hit yes, Then download the pb client and just update the client, you don't have to select the game, it automaticalely updates all the games that use punkbuster including battlefield and other games. Worked just fine for me, and a few others that had the same problem, it's an easy fix, even if you have to re-install the game, save your profile, install the game right, and no problems at all.

PFC.Abadshot-BK-A
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:47 am
I vote to remove PB. I have just recently repurchased W@W that is what got me started with BK way back in the day. My only hope would be that it can still be a ranked server so i can still work on my stats.

Excelsior vivunt potens vivere
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:05 am
Activision has contracted with Even Balance, Inc. to integrate PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat software into the game Call of Duty®: World at War™ developed by Treyarch. Activision and Call of Duty are registered trademarks and World at War is a trademark of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.

If you install the game right you will have no problems with PB, just because It's not on the list, does not mean the game in not supported by it, The only thing they have updated on their webisite and PB.setup is the new games, they didn't post the older games but they are still supported. It's simple.

PFC.Abadshot-BK-A
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:20 am
I think we do a pretty good job of keeping an eye on questionable players, we can probably keep things under control.  And I agree with the need to keep the numbers up and the players coming in, so I also vote to lose punk buster.

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:55 am
Badshot - if memory servers, the PB installer gets after the game install, right?  I know other members have done installing everything but still got the error until grabbing the latest PB folder from another person. Though perhaps Activision and/or PB realized what has been going on and has lowered the PB version on all PB-enabled servers to match the default version... ? If it runs out that turnign of PB will make the serer soe the Ranked status, perhaps we can only install the game-install default version of PB.

But if we do manage to keep it Ranked, I'm quite confident we can keep a handle on things.

Contacting people at Evenbalance has proven a little more difficult than expected. But apparently they have a phone number that they just answer with a plain ol' "Hello?"

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:02 pm
If you have the disk, it will ask you what folder to install world at war, after that before it installs the game it will ask you if you want to install punkbuster, if someone is using steam, they might not have that option which could be the problem in a lot of cases. It's probably steam users that recently got the game. If they had the  disk they would not have any PB issues. If they do have the disk, then they are probably doing something wrong or using windows 8 lol.

PFC.Abadshot-BK-A
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:03 pm
steam is the problem, not punkbuster, if you go to the even balance website, well here I'll make it easy.   http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=announce.php
Scroll down for the full list of games that are supported and have been and still are by punkbuster. The support page is just updated with new games, it didn't drop any games. Buy the disk and you will be fine, buy from steam and you will have problems like everybody else does with steam. I mean if we turn it off for one game, lets turn it off for all of them and see how people like it, let's not single out one game(our most popular game server out of all of them) lets turn it off for all of them and see what happens. Do you not agree? if so why not, if we don't need it on one game, then we don't need it on any of them right? World at War is still supported and there is no reason to turn punkbuster off because people don't want to buy the disk. Steam is notorious for problems with all games and services. Even with the recent pb problems, World at War is still by far out most popular server.

PFC.Abadshot-BK-A
Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:53 pm
I recently reinstalled the game from my disc and I am having punkbuster issues, even though I installed punkbuster from the disc.  Therefore, my vote is to remove it.

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:41 pm
If PB is still supporting the game then no need to disable it. This discussion was based on PB no longer supporting W@W and the issues potentially created by that action. Personally I haven't had any issues at all with the exception of one game freeze.... that's it. My vote is contingent on PB NOT supporting W@W

Arte et Marte                             Per Ardua Ad Astra
Life is about falling – Living is about getting back up