Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Auto-Balance in BF4

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:08 pm
FYI, the auto balance in BF4 is still not working properly. Its breaking up squads and sending players to the other team.

I was playing on server 2, in a squad with Taz and Ghoulie, when I was suddenly moved to the losing team three-quarters of the way through the game. We still had hundreds of tickets to go to the end of the game. This was the third map we had played on, so it wasn't a matter of my being the last one who joined the map being moved for auto-balance.

It's very frustrating to work so hard to get in a winning position, only to be moved to the losing side. I am seeing multiple complaints of this happening to other players in game as well. People who come to the server to play with their friends only to be moved to the other side by auto-balance.

I'd appreciate it if we can get this fixed. It would also be great to get a detailed explanation of how the auto-balance is setup so we can explain it to other people in game. I know Luke said on Saturday that he had installed a new auto-balance program. But this has been happening to me over and over again for weeks now.

Thanks.

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:13 pm
I don't know if this is the same or a different issue, but I have seen the autobalance all of a sudden move 5 or 6 people one right after another...

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:14 pm
I think your confusing auto balance with team scramble. Team scramble keeps squads together. Auto balance has to move someone form the squads to make sure the same number of players are on each team. Since all players are squaded up in BF4 it has no chose but to move someone from a squad.

Auto balance will not let more than 2 player difference. If one team has 3 or more players for more than a minute it will move how ever many people need to balance out the number of players.

Auto balance is need to keep the server strong. It was not that long ago we did not have auto balance and people where unhappy about it.

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:13 am
Yes Luke, I did have the some of the expectations mixed up. And thank you for the explanation on how it is setup.

But why then would auto balance switch me after I had been playing for three games already, and several mew people had joined just that map? Isn't it supposed to move the players who have most recently joined the server?