Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

BF4 PoliteandFriendly.com 1 CROUCH, HC, No Recon Feedback.

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:10 pm
I was asked to give my feedback to the -BK- community as to what I think could be changed/improved on the "BF4 PoliteandFriendly.com 1 CROUCH, HC, No Recon" server. I was asked by one of this community's members, I'm sorry I do not recall who asked me for this... but here goes...

- I love the crouch, it's what keeps me coming back to the server, I have yet to find another server that enforces crouch, which is why play almost exclusively on said server. I do not think it's a mistake to do/enforce crouch, it changes the game completely and allows focus to be brought to actual weapons/tactics play, I wish this never changes, otherwise I probably won't play much BF4 anymore, this was same for me in BF3, this is why I made sure -BK- is running crouch server in this game before I bought it.

- No Recon rule I don't mind at all, I understand why it was removed and have no gripes with it.

- Map rotation has always been my gripe here, they say variety is the spice of life, so why not spice things up more? I know that the maps rotate every now and then, but if I had it my way, I would have ALL the maps rotate that are supported by the currently played game modes. I would go even further and introduce a voting system, giving the player choice of what map gets played, I would love that, but I would set it up so that it gives more variety to play.

More on Vote Map system.

I found "xVotemap" plugin for procon, (https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php?6524-xVotemap-1-5-4-2), I understand Procon is what the server uses so this would not be hard to implement?

This plugin seems very flexible, allowing admins to set up how often the vote comes up, who can trigger a vote, map rotations, thresholds,  and more...

Personally I would set the system to "Randomness = 5: Maps that haven't been played in a long time will have the highest probability and recently played maps will have the lowest probability of being selected as vote options."

- Gameplay Modes - I'd keep domination, conquest, team deathmatch, would love to try obliteration, defuse, rush, I think those modes on crouch would make for some very interesting fights. Yea, they might be frustrating at 1st, but I think eventually everyone would learn how to adjust to the unique play and like it.

This is all I have for now, I appreciate being asked to give my feedback, and hope I am not stepping on any toes with this post, if I did, my sincerest apologies.

Thank you for your time, and thank you for running a great server.

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:46 am
Hey NonDescript, First of all, Thanks for supporting our Crouch server. Your input is greatly appreciated.
We are currently experimenting with Map types & modes. I like your idea of variety. I would like to have Recon
Class come back, but with no Sniper Rifles.
Please come in to our TS more often, and tell your Buddies too. Everyone is Welcome.

TwoFour

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:52 am
Thanks NonDescript for your insight.  I do think its time to jazz it up a bit too.  More maps more modes.

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:34 pm
thats a awesome idea i love that i would make some great fighting and excitement to the server espacially on crouch great idea NonDescript

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:15 am
Thanks for the input and for supporting our server.