MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Ping problems

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:39 pm
Hey all.

Went out and bought a new router yesterday. Got it all set up, got online a participated in the Charlie vs Zulu scrim and then got offline. Came home from hunting today and went to get online to play some WaW and had a serious ping issue. Went from having a normal ping of high 90's to not getting under 280. And this is on any server I tried to get on. The router I am using is a D-Link DIR 615. I switched over from a D-lLink DI-524. I rebooted my modem and router, I restareted my computer, disconnected all other computers in the house from the internet and even swithed back to the old DI-524. Does anybody have any ideas out there?

Riv out...

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 KJV
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:05 pm
It looks like the problem is with your ISP.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:59 pm
HAVE THE COMPANY THAT SUPPLIES THE INTERNET TO YOUR HOUSE  to check the millivolts and/or whatever else they check to make sure you are getting the service that you are paying for. If you're supposed to get 10 Mbps then it should be close to that number. You can run a speedtest on your own at speakeasy.net/speedtest and you can cmd a ping to be sure they are connecting at less than 100 ms.
Quite probably you are not getting what you are paying for if the modem isn't getting the full signal. If it is getting the signal then the problem is on your end; ie. modem, router, etc. Make sure you have latest firmware for your router.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:19 pm
Problem had to have been with the ISP. No matter how I treid the setup or reboot or firmware updates, nothing worked. Got up this morning and My ping on the BK servers was under 50. Whadya know!

Riv out...

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 KJV
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:27 pm
another possiblity is have you gone from a wired connection to a wireless connection, or upgraded you operating system

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:28 pm
prolly was a partial node outage in you area imho

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:35 pm
You can test your connections at www.speedtest.net and a new beta at www.pingtest.net. They work great!

Check out mine!

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:52 pm
Dlink Routers are horrible. Just my opinion.

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:28 pm
Dlink may not inline with cisco ut they are not that bad. I am running a dlink and I get a ping rate of 21 on server1 and 43 on server2.

Of course my in game scorces don't reflect the awesome ping rates, LOL.

Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:52 am

RivanK wrote (View Post):

Hey all.

Went out and bought a new router yesterday. Got it all set up, got online a participated in the Charlie vs Zulu scrim and then got offline. Came home from hunting today and went to get online to play some WaW and had a serious ping issue. Went from having a normal ping of high 90's to not getting under 280. And this is on any server I tried to get on. The router I am using is a D-Link DIR 615. I switched over from a D-lLink DI-524. I rebooted my modem and router, I restareted my computer, disconnected all other computers in the house from the internet and even swithed back to the old DI-524. Does anybody have any ideas out there?

Riv out...

Reasons for getting high ping value.
1.High ping is when there is high traffic in your system.
2.This can be either caused by loading such large files that the system cannot handle them, or by running several programs at the same time.
3.High ping is not just due to the bad internet connection. video lag, sound lag, virus, spyware, worms, or so on, could cause the high ping. not enough Ram could cause the problem too.
If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
4.Use any software like Game Booster
5.Move closer to server
I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using
WhoisXY.com

Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:39 am
More often than not, the issue with ping might be related to your network rather than router configuration.  I would start by not using the D-link 615 but purchase a little more expensive DGL-5500 Gamerfuel router. Also,  my guess is you are  running two firewalls with the router, your anti virus and Microsoft's built in firewall. Avasst is one of the better AV programs. If you want, I would be more than willing to Skype with you to help fix the issue. Are you having any other issues?

RivanK wrote (View Post):

Hey all.

Riv out...

Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:52 am
This thread is nearly five years old.  Also, harini is a spammer.