Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Looking for feed back on BF4 Server 1 Maps

Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:26 am
Looking for feed back on BF4 Server 1 Maps. Please post which maps you want removed and why.

Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:44 am
I really enjoy it. I do think it is overloaded with oblteration. But other than that I like it. Maybe more TDM and domination and the occasionally RUSH and obliteration maps
Just my opinion.

Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:27 am
I personally am not a fan of defuse.  I would enjoy trying other maps with TDM, Obliteration, Conquesti and Rush.

The server is a really nice alternative.  Server 2 is still a crowd please, but I really like the  limited vehicle and more infantry focus.

SMACKY - MOLON LABE
Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:29 am
if the size of the maps is still small then I suggest the larger maps I found an infantry only server that has both large maps and no vehicles it doesn't say custom and its ranked i'll send the info in a pm if you would like to check it out let me know

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:33 am
I'm enjoying the new server 1 format however the map that contain vehicle are annoying for me.  I would love a true infantry only server with mixed modes.  If I want vehicles I can always join server 2.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:21 pm
I think infantry only will take over as crouch. I enjoy infantry only and the nature of gaming will support it.

[img]http://www.politeandfriendly.com/images/user_bars/tstbarfif.png
Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:15 pm
Ive only had a few chances to play on server one since the change over and so far I like it.  As much as I think an "Infantry Only" server would be cool, I dont think is enough small maps that would allow for that.  Without vehicle, you would spend most of the game running to get to someone if there isnt a spawn beacon setup.

As for the game style, I would like to see more objective based styles like Rush, Oblivion, Defuse, Capture The Flag and Carrier Assault.  The other game styles, Conquest and Domination have coverage on server 2, so having it on the smaller server is kind of over kill for us.

In regards to crouch style game play, since we dont have Close Courtiers style maps that we had on BF3, it is very difficult to do that and no have it turn out to be a Turkey shoot.  With these open maps you could get picked of very quickly by pistols, RGPs and yes, even sniper rifles.

Just my 2 cents

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:24 pm
I agree with Silent Wolf on this with two exceptions:  First, Defuse really just turns into team deathmatch because killing everyone on the other side wins the round.  Second, a little conquest is ok (IMO), but as SW said we have that really locked up on server 2 so doing too much of it on server 1 is sort of redundant.

TDM is OK, but we have it in the rotation a lot and (again, IMO) it gets boring.  Run around, shoot, run around, die, no objectives other than kill, kill, kill.  That focus is available in other modes if that is what someone wants to do so why not have a focus on modes that add objectives to the mix?  Just a thought.

I think objective based/focused game modes are the way to go.  There are a lot of maps not currently in the location that are well suited for both 32 man servers and objective game play.

Side note: while I play on server 2 to help out, I really enjoy server 1!  It is a little less chaotic and more cooperative (within your side, of course).

SMACKY - MOLON LABE
Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:23 pm
1. remove defuse mode.  its ment to be  a 5 vs 5 tournament mode with no respawns.  We always loose lots of players when it switches to this game mode.
2. Allow both teams to attack on RUSH.  Last time i played in server 1 only one team attacked and then we went to another map.  round 2 should be your team now defending the same map.
3.  A even mix of Rush, Obliteration, Domination, TDM.
4. Is there a Capture the Flag mode?  If yes, add it.
5.  Certain maps have tanks.  What can be done about this?  The infantry only mode definitely is more enjoyable.

*I came, I saw, I conquered!*
*BK* Member since 2004
Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:17 pm
OK, Mr Crouch only here has to admit I'm enjoying server 1 now. I'm with Destroyer on the infantry only mode, really prefer that. Would like to see more CTF though.