Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Snipers on server 2

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:22 am
Its getting so that besides a couple of engineers, the server is heavily populated with recon class snipers.  In recent game I got killed by a tank a couple of times and by recon using sniper rifles the remainder.  Maybe once or twice by an engineer with a DMR.  What do people think about doing something like Tactical Gamer does where the number of recon class is limited to 4 or so for each side.  I don't know what sort of scripts they use, but their servers are Hardcore.  I know some of you use are servers to 'level up' weapons, but it now borders on ridiculous.  For those who might argue that this will depopulate our servers, TG's are usually full.

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:44 pm
watching this will give u ur answer

[Watch On YouTube]

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:31 pm
Lets please not start this again.  Limiting classes is a good way to kill the server.  

To me this would be a challenge.  If you get sniped 90% of the time, then figure out a way to counter.  I use alot of smoke to counter sniping.  They cant hit what they cant see.

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:54 am

Silent_Wolf wrote (View Post):

Lets please not start this again.  Limiting classes is a good way to kill the server.  

To me this would be a challenge.  If you get sniped 90% of the time, then figure out a way to counter.  I use alot of smoke to counter sniping.  They cant hit what they cant see.

Actually, TG servers are always full, so apparently the myth of limiting classes killing servers is just that.  A myth.  They don't limit the recon class, just the rifles.
As for using smoke, snipers so infest the server that you would have to have a moving smoke cloud around you the whole round.

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:58 am

SSMajorKoenig wrote (View Post):

watching this will give u ur answer

[Watch On YouTube]

No answers in there that I see.  I would state the obvious though, most of the personnel in the video are Marines, not Soldiers so a little ironic considering the song title.

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:03 pm
Marines not soldiers? wow dont go around telling people that, hey sent a message to insurgents not to use IEDS as well

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:44 pm
I'm not sure what this video has to do with the conversation either. It has nothing to do with the initial post. And SSMajorKoenig, I would be careful calling a Marine a soldier to his face. At least have some backup with you. A Marine is a Marine. A soldier is a member of the US Army. Sberlins was correct with his previous post.
  I do agree with sberlins on his post about snipers though. It would be great to be able to limit the sniper class on each side. If you play server 2 or any other bf4 server, the biggest complaint you always see in chat is about snipers.

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:47 pm
But the challenge in sticking a knife in their back while they're distracted?  

Or Dropping Mortar shells on their heads?

Maybe calling in a Gunship

Ohhh - the possibilities Smile

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:39 pm
Im talking about the general meaning, airforce are airmen, navy are seamen, marines are marines. We use these words because of  the "specialization of military occupations that require different areas of knowledge and skill-sets"., and who ever made the video was using this song as the "GENERAL MEANING".  I have plenty of friends who were in the Marines, and its the last thing anyone would talk about  FIND A WAY TO WIN, DON'T COMPLAIN

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:20 am
I didn't realize posting an opinion or a suggestion was complaining. Thank you for the clarification, SSMajorKoenig. I have been warned.

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:35 am

bigconn wrote (View Post):

But the challenge in sticking a knife in their back while they're distracted?  

Or Dropping Mortar shells on their heads?

Maybe calling in a Gunship

Ohhh - the possibilities Smile

Yeah, calling in a gunship might work if you didn't have a line of snipers waiting to get in it and then flying to highest point and bailing so they can parachute into favorite nest.