Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

up date to move BF4 to new ssd drive

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:15 pm
ok i had to redo my system so these are the steps to follow to do it right and have BF4 on the SSD drive

once new ssd drive is installed back up bf4 folder to a safe location and then delete old folder and origin,
then download new copy of origin and install it either on the old drive or as i did i installed it to my ssd drive.
once origin is installed ,open origin and on the origin tab click on application settings then go to advanced tab,
on the first line that says " your games will be installed to " click change and select your ssd drive, on the next line
"game installers point that to the new ssd drive as well.
once you have that done go to "my games tab" and start download wait till it hits 1% or 2% then stop and close origin.
next you will copy your BF4 folder to the folder origin just made for you, once it is all coped to SSD drive you then need to run origin
again this time it will detect the bf4 files and update in no time,
once the files are updated and varified then you need to do a regedit to put the map packs in.

You will need to reinstall the game, or update the registry key to show that you have the expansion installed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1tbt2p/solution_for_missing_china_rising_expansion_error/

Back up your registry

Log out and fully exit Origin

Open your Registry Editor - Type in regedit in the Search Menu and press Enter

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA Games > Battlefield 4

check for a folder named xpack0 under battlefield 4 folder

Check for a folder named Xpack1 xpack2 and xpack3 under the Battlefield 4 folder

If it exists -> Click on Xpack0, on the right pane see if there is a string named

Installed. Double click on Installed string and set the Value data to True

If it does not exists -> Right-click on Battlefield 4 select New then select Key a new folder will be created, name it xpack0, and the next one Xpack1 then another one xpack2 and then xpack3. right-click on Xpack0 > New > String Value > name this string Installed on the right-pane, double-click on Installed, set Value Data to True do this to all 4 xpack strings you just made.
this will put all the map packs back into play for you.

5 . Exit Registry Editor

hope this helps someone

i had to redo my system again and this saves me a headach of redownloading the game all over again,so now i save a updated bf4 folder to a safe location for use later on.

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:52 pm
I've had to use that registry edit for two of the expansions.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:10 am
Interesting  

Windows 7?