Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

Next new game

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:59 pm
Hey gang!

I've been getting the itch to add a new game to the library and I"m not sure what to get. Right now I'm just playing WaW, and of course I love it - it's a classic - but wanted to mix things up a bit on occasion. Battlefield 4 looks pretty intense, and I don't really know a whole lot about later CoD versions. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I like the idea of vehicles and interaction in multiplayer maps, if that helps. Also, I'm not a crazy great gamer (those of you who see me in action in WaW can attest to that!  :lol:

Anyway, some input would be appreciated! Thanks all!

-Geoff_I

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:26 am
hey Geoff

there's a couple of thing you need to take into account first off will you system run a top end game, also it will depend on what you want out of a game. recently i have really enjoyed coop games so I've been playing dead island and dead island riptide, these game can be played as single player as well and its drop in drop out. but if your wanting a big game i would wait for bf:hardline or at least the beta and give it a go as it is the next game BK is supporting.

but also if you check out http://www.ign.com or other gaming sites they normally have reviews user scores for games then go to youtube and search for gameplay footage of the game to see if it is something you would like.

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:20 am
Check out War Thunder for flight in arcade which is where we go mostly it is best with mouse - game is free btw

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:50 pm
That's a good point about my machine. It's a decent machine - not a top of the line gaming rig, but it's no slouch either. But certainly something to consider for the future. War Thunder looks cool... and free to play is always nice, though the $125 worth of DLC is mildly alarming! I might try out the Free version and see what happens.  Very Happy

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:59 pm
The only way I know people play is the free way........That said I sprang for 2 airplanes that are only available by purchasing them and they were on sale Black Friday. But didn't "need" to do that to get full fun, being a WW2 buff just wanted to fly them and they were worth it - at least at the sale price. GEt and join the Bad Karma PandF Squadron, Voodoo is the "Commander" and approves Squadron joining requests. See ya.

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:09 pm
Geoff_I,

If you join in on War Thunder lets us know your in game name (if differs) so the request can be approved quickly, please.

And just so you know it is very fun and researching additional ranked planes is not that hard, pretty easy.

I used the reserves to capture as many ranking points on my Russian planes as i could before I added the higher ranked planes Wink

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:41 pm
Try Nosgoth. It's free on steam..Nice mix of being the human and vampire. Fast game play reminds of the good old Unreal Tournament days.

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:48 pm

Geoff_I wrote (View Post):

That's a good point about my machine. It's a decent machine - not a top of the line gaming rig, but it's no slouch either. But certainly something to consider for the future. War Thunder looks cool... and free to play is always nice, though the $125 worth of DLC is mildly alarming! I might try out the Free version and see what happens.  Very Happy

Hi Geoff_I, I'm not sure where you found info that suggests there is a cost for War Thunder but here's a bit of info from their FAQ's ;

1) Q: Do I need to buy the game and/or pay a subscription in order to play War Thunder?

A: No, the game is completely free to download and play without any restrictions or fees.

2) Q: Can I get some in-game advantages by paying real money?

A: No, you can’t! There is no way to get any advantage in battle by spending real money.

You can buy Golden Eagles – special in-game currency which you can use to train your crews faster and unlock new vehicles and upgrades for them earlier. But you’ll be fighting against more experienced and better equipped users, who didn’t spend anything.

You can also can buy a premium account with Golden Eagles, which lets you earn more Silver Lions and Research Points for each battle, and this also allows you to unlock new vehicles and upgrades for them earlier.

Lastly, with Golden Eagles you can buy “premium” planes and tanks, which come prepackaged with all upgrades. But they aren’t any better than regular vehicles – these are just rare models, like Australian aircraft in the UK research-tree.

If you need any help setting up just give a holler  Cool

Arte et Marte                             Per Ardua Ad Astra
Life is about falling – Living is about getting back up
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:18 pm
To answer your number two question, ehem, is check out my post in the "NEW GAME" post.
We can talk there.

REFORM

PEOPLE FEAR.........what they dont understand.