Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

POSITIVE and INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES FOR YOUR DAILY LIVES

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 pm

CR1M3 wrote (View Post):

Charlie Chaplin or Charlie's chaplin, lol

lol  ... well, either way Charlie (or his chaplin)  hit the nail right on the head .....  Laughing

Arte et Marte                             Per Ardua Ad Astra
Life is about falling – Living is about getting back up
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:22 pm
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts."

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. "

"Attitude is little thing that makes a big difference."

Last but not least........

"Continuous effort-not strength or intelligence -is the key to unlocking our potential. "

-- Winston Churchill

REFORM

PEOPLE FEAR.........what they dont understand.
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:56 pm
Thought is the wind, knowledge the sail, and mankind the vessel.  -Augustus Hare

A man has to learn that he cannot command things, but that he can command himself; that he cannot coerce the wills of others, but that he can mold and master his own will: and things serve him who serves Truth; people seek guidance of him who is master of himself.  -James Allen

From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life.  -Arthur Ashe

The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.  -Ben Okri

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:46 pm
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:43 pm
More food for the mind and soul   Very Happy

"Success lies in forming the habit of doing things that failures don't like to do."  -Albert Gray

"What is defeat? Nothing but the first step to something better."  -Wendell Phillips

"A man is not old until his regrets take the place of his dreams."  -John Barrymore

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right."   -Henry Ford

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:13 pm
More stuff from the heart and soul store  Wink

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”  -Martin Luther King Jr.

“I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”  -Stephen Covey

“Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”  -Babe Ruth

“In a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.”  -Warren Buffett

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:05 pm
Love Love Love this thread!!!

Your mind is a garden
Your thoughts are its seeds
You can grow flowers or
You can grow weeds

-unknown

An Indian folklore:
There are two wolves in you...  one who is kind and nice and caring; the other who is mean and jealous and callous.
Which wolf grows in you?
The one you feed.

Be smart!  Keep Love in your heart!  <3 <3 <3
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:30 am
Time for another dose of positive inspiration. I really like the wolf analogy and the garden analogy too Warrior Woman, it's so very true.

”In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.”  -Tony Robbins

“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. “  - Sir Edmund Hillary

“The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them. “  -Bernard Baruch

“If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.“  -Mary Pickford

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:50 pm
“Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” ? C.S. Lewis

"You think you’re not pretty. There’s always someone uglier. You want more money. People are in poverty. You want a boyfriend. Someone doesn’t even have parents. You’re hungry. A child is starving. You want to go to the mall. Someone is looking for anything they can wear just to stay warm. You’re chilly. Others are frozen. You just want to die. Most people want to live. So don’t waste your time on things that you think you want because there is always someone out there who needs it much more than you could ever possibly know." --- Unknown

"You’ve got to dance like there’s nobody watching. Love like you’ll never be hurt. Sing like there’s nobody listening. And live like it’s heaven on earth." – William W. Purkey

"This is your life. Do what you want and do it often. If you don’t like something, change it. If you don’t like your job, quit. If you don’t have enough time, stop watching TV. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love. Stop over-analysing, life is simple. All emotions are beautiful. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Life is simple. Open your heart, mind and arms to new things and people, we are united in our differences. Ask the next person you see what their passion is and share your inspiring dream with them. Travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself. Some opportunities only come once, seize them. Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them, so go out and start creating. Life is short, live your dream and wear your passion." --- Unknown

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:15 pm
Time for another shot of positive reinforcement  Very Happy

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.  -Harriet Beecher Stowe

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.  -Robert Louis Stevenson

Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.  -Democritus

The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises.  -Leo Buscaglia

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:18 am
There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
Surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good.
Love the people who treat you right.
Pray for the ones who don't.
Life is too short to be anything but happy.
Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

-unknown-

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:57 pm
You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. - Maya Angelou

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:27 am
“There are two ways to be happy: improve your reality or lower your expectations.”
Author  "Unknown"

TwoFour

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:50 am
Thank you for this, this really lifted my spirits. Ive just been sick, burnt out, and stressed over all the work i've had recently, but this put me in a good mood to get all my stuff done and look at things differently.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:58 pm
Hey TimeCat, I'm glad that this has helped you gain perspective. It's amazing what good information can do for our state of mind.

Thanks for everyone's contributions to this post, there are some real gems for the mind and soul in here.