Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

VilKing's In-Game Rank Reset

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:33 pm
Just in case anybody was wondering about my new low level, here's the lowdown: my mpdata file was somehow corrupted when changing my profile name from VilKing-bk- to VilKing-BK-, and anytime I quit the game after that, my rank and challenges were reset to a certain point (26 EXP from level 48). After earning Lieutenant Colonel III six times and Medic I three times, I decided to investigate the problem :P  I spent almost four hours online, in-game, and fiddling with the files trying to save my stats to no avail. My new account has no such problem, however, so here I go again...

Last edited by DELETED on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:50 pm
oh Bum deal

There are many ways to die. Be glad it wasn't slower.

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:23 am
Vilking... not positive, but since you switched from a lowercase bk to an uppercase BK, the game may not understand the case sensitivity.

I know you have tried a lot of different things and you may have tried this already, but I would suggest moving your original Vilking-bk- data files to your desktop or to the root of your C drive (basically somewhere the game does not look). Once you have those moved, then delete your profiles in WaW and then make sure the data files are gone from where the game looks for them.

Create the new Vilking-BK- profile, go into a match (this ensures the profile has been fully created) and then leave the game completely. Now copy your original files to the new profile folder and see what happens.

Hope that works for you and look forward to seeing you in game.

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:03 am
Thanks for the tip, Bolerro; but yeah, I tried it. I performed every possible combination with the files, including a bit outside the Profile folder: with the game running, without it running; creating new Profile folders manually, creating new profiles in-game; adding the saved mpdata file to empty file folders, replacing mpdata files after logging in with that profile, replacing the mpdata file after heading into a server with the new profile; deleting all Profile folders manually, deleting all Profiles in-game; creating completely different profile names, creating some called VilKing-bk-, others named VilKing-BK- (found out no name containing the word Test is allowed LOL); and some others I can't remember or don't care to explain. I* looked up a few solutions online and all of those said I was straight outta luck as far as saving my data. Seems they were right, although I have no problem saving my ranks and challenges with new profiles. Oh well, I'll just keep a folder with backup mpdata files from now on. And again, thanks for sharing your idea.