MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

POSITIVE and INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES FOR YOUR DAILY LIVES

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Warrior_Woman wrote (View Post):

Thank you, xVooDoo, and to everyone who contributes!!!  What a lift for my spirits!!!

So glad that this post helps and that was my intention when I started it. All too often we are over come by things we have no control over, or we are just plain worn out by all of lifes trials and tribulations, so having something that helps us to understand or adjust to our situations through someone elses wisdom is, in many cases, just what the Dr ordered.

Arte et Marte                             Per Ardua Ad Astra
Life is about falling – Living is about getting back up
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:35 pm
“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie

A philosophy professor stood before his class with some items on the table in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, about 2 inches in diameter.

He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up the remaining open areas of the jar.

He then asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous “Yes.”

“Now,” said the professor, “I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the important things – your family, your partner, your health, your children – things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter – like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else, the small stuff.”

“If you put the sand into the jar first,” he continued, “there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party, or fix the disposal.”

“Take care of the rocks first – the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:42 pm
Nice one xVoodoo, the second one was a text read during our marriage

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:10 am
very good bro

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:33 am
A man has to learn that he cannot command things, but that he can command himself; that he cannot coerce the wills of others. :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung S7 case

Last edited by Christopher2 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:20 pm
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein

“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.”  – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“People are always blaming circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get ahead in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.”  – George Bernard Shaw

I shall pass this way but once; any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.   Etienne de Grellet, Quaker Missionary

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:36 pm
Smile

Be smart!  Keep Love in your heart!  <3 <3 <3
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:40 pm
Here's another injection of inspiration for the BK family  Very Happy

“The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity.” – Ulysses S. Grant

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou

“We should always pray for help, but we should always listen for inspiration and impression to proceed in ways different from those we may have thought of.” – John H. Groberg

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:44 pm
You won't ever find what you need unless you start looking for it.

REFORM

PEOPLE FEAR.........what they dont understand.
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:43 pm
“Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.”  – Anne Frank

Two Traveling Angels
Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family. The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guest room.
Instead the angels were given a space in the cold basement. As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it. When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied... Things aren't always what they seem.
The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife. After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest. When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears. Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field.
The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel how could you have let this happen! The first man had everything, yet you helped him. The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let their cow die. Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied.
When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall. Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it. Then last night as we slept in the farmer's bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I told him to take the cow instead. Things aren't always what they seem.
Sometimes this is exactly what happens when things don't turn out the way we think they should. If you have faith in God, just trust that every outcome is always to your advantage. You might not realize it until much later.