Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Bad admin call?

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:53 pm
Not sure why, but I was kicked/banned for 44 mins from Polite & Friendly 1 Realism server for TKing.

I know for sure I didn't TK anyone on the current map we were on when I got banned.

Not sure if you guys have a policy against admin abuse or anything, but if you guys support this kind of attitude then your servers aren't for me.

Either that or have a better screening process for your server admins.

Oh and for the record, the one time I did TK was the map before and I apologized for it.

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:26 pm
It could have been a mistake.  Those do happen from time to time.  Also, when did this happen?   This will help figure out what occured.

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:20 pm
LOstc4us3 the admins will look into this ASAP,
sometimes it does happen by mistake. say player 9 is breaking the rules the admin has to type a bunch in including which slot to kick but right before they push the button to make it happen player 9 leaves the game moving player 10 into 9s spot causing player 10 to be kicked instead of the actual offender. we do keep logs of the offenders and if you could give us an estimated time when the kick occured it would make things a lot easier to see if your name was on the list or not.
Sorry for the Inconvienience,

MlgaBean

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:43 pm
I hear admins regularly apologising after kicking a player, then another gets the kick because that offending player left the server just as the admin clicked the 'kick' button.....
Im afraid that it happens and all we can do is apologise and if it was an unintentional ban then we can reverse it.
You will not get a 'bad mark' against your name when your kicked accidentally and we always try our best to let the player who was kicked unintentionally know that it was a mistake and im afraid we dont have a current sytsem that can prevent this kind of thing happening so its something we have to live with......
sorry again for the mistake and I hope that this wont put you off returning to our servers!

BETTY FIELDS FOREVER!!!

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:22 pm
I can't give an exact time but it was during the hours of 8am to 9am Central Standard time on Aug 3rd.

The map was Cliffside. The map I TKed and apologized on was Castle.

And I can understand it if it was a mistake because I'm not sure how the admin system works on this game.

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:54 am
The programs used for admining stuff like COD has a setup on when people log (or something similar to that) in 1-(however many players)

for example
1 - ladyHawk <-first to log in
2 - bolerro
3 - MlgaBean
4 - BadPerson
5 - L0stc4us3
6 - shine

now say BadPerson is breaking all the rules and we want to get rid of him we have to type in why he is being kicked how long for etc and which slot number he is in (#4), but right before the admin clicks the kick button he quits the server now moving you into position 4 and shine into position 5 causing the person in slot 4 (now you) to be kicked. Since the admin didn't know he left and usually there are about 30 people on, 2+2 isn't put together and everyone just assumes he was kicked and you left the game on free will. causing the kick of you to be an accident. hopefully that will make sense. again we are looking into it and hopefully you will be playing soon.

MlgaBean